This kid is lucky to be alive...

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
And... I can't believe this guy has even been charged!

DELTONA, Fla. — An angry Deltona father whacked his teenage daughter's boyfriend with a metal pipe after finding the boy naked in his daughter's room.

Authorities say the father, 45, didn't even know his daughter had a boyfriend or that the youngster had been sneaking into the home for more than a year.

When he heard noises coming from his daughter's bedroom Thursday morning and saw a stranger standing naked on the girl's bed, he swung a metal pipe. He then chased the teen out the front door and called police.

The boy was taken to the hospital where doctors closed a head wound with staples.

The father was charged with aggravated battery on a child and bonded out on $10,000.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I would have used my gun, and then told the cop, I feared for my daughters life

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
settle down you guys! :wink: you were teenagers once too you know! :D granted....seeing a naked guy in your daughters room would make you want to kill him, but its nothing that teenagers havent been doing for years and years. now if he thought this guy was an intruder.....well that changes things! :wink: ;D

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Nothing I haven't done a few times when I was a teenager! Boys and girls will be boys and girls. :thumbsup:

Desertfox

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder How many of us were caught in the same position
as a teen. Guys & Girls Here.

I also wonder How many would feel the same way if their son
just had some guy Swing a pipe at his head.

Especially when it was for doing something
teens naturally Do.

Maybe he should have been out doing Drive-bys like the other kids his age :wink:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Sorry guys but that is just the kind of thinking that ends up with a pregnant teen whose life is more or less ruined. If the situation were mine and my daughter was a willing participant she would be in just as much trouble as the naked kid in her room. I would like to know the whole story here though. I'll bet there is a lot more to it.

jmho Charlie

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
savant365 said:
Sorry guys but that is just the kind of thinking that ends up with a pregnant teen whose life is more or less ruined. If the situation were mine and my daughter was a willing participant she would be in just as much trouble as the naked kid in her room. I would like to know the whole story here though. I'll bet there is a lot more to it.

jmho Charlie

with all due respect Charlie, i disagree. not educating your kids to make their own good decisions is what ends up with a pregnant teen. you see, by the time kids are old enough to be interested in stuff like this, if you havent already established a strong sense of right and wrong and morals in them, there is very little you are going to be able to do to deter this . in fact, you probably cant do anything to deter this stuff. like it or not sexuality is a natural instinct in every one of us. the real factor in whether one acts on it or not comes from within that individual. much to our chagrin, teenagers do make up their own minds! especially when it comes to sex. bashing the boyfriends head in wont change that. she will just get a new boyfriend. :)

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I was never dumb enough to sneek into my girlfriends house, that's why we went cruising

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Hummm! Brings back memories. Shaking uncontrollably in my girlfriends closet as her father was at her door. ;D

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Bet that kid thought he had it MADE! What better setup could you ask for!? And it had been going on for a year. Dancin' on the bed?? :D :D I can just picture the look on his face when that door opened. Priceless! Naw, I wouldn't have beat him on the head. I would have beat my daughter on the head! >:( >:(

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
hollowpointred said:
savant365 said:

jmho Charlie

with all due respect Charlie, i disagree. not educating your kids to make their own good decisions is what ends up with a pregnant teen. you see, by the time kids are old enough to be interested in stuff like this, if you havent already established a strong sense of right and wrong and morals in them, there is very little you are going to be able to do to deter this stuff. in fact, you probably cant do anything to deter this stuff. like it or not sexuality is a natural instinct in every one of us. the real factor in whether one acts on it or not comes from within that individual. much to our chagrin, teenagers do make up their own minds! especially when it comes to sex. bashing the boyfriends head in wont change that. she will just get a new boyfriend. :)

I absolutely agree with you. But...I would like to know if these teens were 17 or 13. It would make a big difference. I would also like to know how much older the boy was then the girl. There are a lot of details here that we will never know because they are minors.
I hope to God that when my girls decide that they are ready, they will use a little common sense. Aside from the moral issues I have talked to them several times about the consequences of being a teen parent. At 16 or 17 I agree that there is very little you can do about it but at 13 there is a hell of a lot I can do. They have to have names of parents and phone #'s where I can reach them if they go to a sleep over. They know I will show up and make sure they are where they are supposed be. Not every time but they never know when either.
I am not over-protective but I am protective. I am only 39 but it is an entirely different world out there today from 25 years ago when I was out doing the same things. My girls have good heads on their shoulders and I trust them but they don't have the experience to handle every situation they are going to run into. That's my job to teach them and help them figure out the right thing to do.
Back to the original theme of this post though...If I get woke up by strange noises in the middle of the night and find a naked guy in my girls bedroom...I am not gonna ask him for his ID...I am gonna knock him out and then find out whats going on. Regardless of his age he is in the wrong place at the wrong time. If I get arrested...so be it. I will do what I think I need to at the time to protect my kids. I also have a 6 year old son, if he comes home as a teen beat up by some girls pissed off father because he did something as disrespectful as it sounds like the kid in this story did, I will not be happy about him taking a beating but I couldn't call the police on the girls father. It will be my fault for not raising him right.
Boy, I got off on a rant, sorry. I am not trying to argue with anyone, you are as entitled to your opinion as I am. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this one. I am really dreading the next few years being a single Dad.

charlie

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
rant away! ;D i think thats what Jim wanted us to do when he posted this, start a discussion. i agree with you 13 and 17 are two very different numbers. it sounds like you are a very good father who cares about what goes on in his daughters life. unfortunatly there are many who just kind of let the kids fend for themselves. that pretty much explains why so many kids are messed up these days.

OP
OP
Montana Jim

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
hollowpointred said:
rant away! ;D i think thats what Jim wanted us to do when he posted this, start a discussion. i agree with you 13 and 17 are two very different numbers. it sounds like you are a very good father who cares about what goes on in his daughters life. unfortunatly there are many who just kind of let the kids fend for themselves. that pretty much explains why so many kids are messed up these days.

The discussion is interesting...

I have not kids, but I was one, and DO believe they are BOTH to blame for freaking the father out!

Doing what comes naturally is right... but, with no forethought and complete disreguard for the location. :tongue3:

My initial thought was that NOT knowing what was going on - Dad had every right to protect his daughter and kill that kid. I'm sure however she was screaming: "Daddy! No! He's my boyfrined!" LMAO

S

Smee

Very simple.

When I lock the doors in my home, the only ones in there are my family. Anyone else is unwelcome, and is trespassing.

In the dark, how can I tell how old this person is?

In the dark, how can I tell that he didn't just rape my daughter?

First things first surgery, then elimination of the threat. That is why I keep the bayonet at hand at all times, as well as several other assault knives throughout my home in easily accessible (to me) places.

Why leave someone there who might try to lie his way out? If he was welcome, I would have let him in myself. Otherwise, enter at your own risk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread