deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mmmm...a little barbecue sauce....Snake stuffed snake.
Al

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
My grandfather's rule for staying alive:

"Theres only two kinds of snakes; poisonous ones and dead ones."

Keeps me out of trouble. :thumbsup:

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I never thought of any snake as a "good" snake...maybe a tolerable snake or even necessary.....after watching that Indigo snake eat the rattler I would say he is a necessary snake.....and well I might even be tempted to say "good snake....do it again!" Now if we could only get a lot of those out around the resort where I worked to gobble up rattlers out there! Sucks having to go catch those buggers day after day so many times a day....of course it is FAR nicer than calling in AirLife while you treat a victim of rattlesnake bite especially since it is so remote. Yep.....ship a bunch of indigo babies out to the resort, would ya?!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
its always interesting to me to hear how many people view snakes as a negative animal. there is no such thing as a "BAD" snake. no snake on the face of the planet actively hunts human beings, and without snakes the rodent population would run wild and we would be overrun with rats and mice. sure, sometimes people do get bitten but only after the snake has been surprised or provoked. i don't know how many times i have read a post or seen a picture where someone came across a snake in the wild (sometimes harmless nonpoisonous ones) and bashed its head in with a rock. there really is no reason for it in most cases. they are no different than any other animal in the woods, except for the way that people perceive them. ???

S

Smee

There are good snakes, but they fit into only one of the following 4 choices:

BIG 'uns
little 'uns
Live 'uns

and then the good snakes

Dead 'uns --- good snake.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread