R.I.P Richard Wright (Pink Floyd keyboardist)

scubatreasure

Aug 14, 2008
Trinity, florida
1978 seems so far away......a life time ago....it was cool then to paint your favorite bands album cover on your denim jacket ....i painted dark side of the moon, and wore it till it fell off my body and was in a state of disrepair...

R.I.P

And if the band your in starts playin different tunes ill see you on the dark side of the moon

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

this says it all
Wish You Were Here

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad I got to see them years ago, and I'm glad I did.

They will never be the same.

I don't understand how he got to be 65 years old - of course, I'm not sure how I got to be this old either.

He will be missed.

B

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they were never the same since waters left the band and the lawsuits started..............rest in peace

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Ric Wright was never really at the fore front of Pink Floyd and was often overshadowed by Waters and Gilmore, but his style of playing was a huge part of the Floyd sound. without him there can be no Floyd in my opinion. to this day i still think that THE WALL is one of the top 2 greatest rock albums ever created. its a masterpiece. the world lost a musical treasure yesterday. its a shame that a lot of people don't realize how important to Pink Floyd he was.

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shine on You crazy Diamond
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I've treasured this for quite a few years now
PF 88 my ticket.JPG

R.I.P.

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks axeman, it was worth the megs to view, now I gotta go throw some PF vinyl on, on this summery night , in summery NZ.
Hey, if I could send kilojoules via the internet, you would all be as warm as I am.
Cheers, WatchoutforthatAxeEugeneMike ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE GREAT GIG IN THE SKY :thumbsup:

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i know this is a few months late, but here is a statement that Gilmore put out concerning Richard Wrights death.

"No one can replace Richard Wright. He was my musical partner and my friend. In the welter of arguments about who or what was Pink Floyd, Rick's enormous input was frequently forgotten. He was gentle, unassuming and private but his soulful voice and playing were vital, magical components of our most recognised Pink Floyd sound. I have never played with anyone quite like him. The blend of his and my voices and our musical telepathy reached their first major flowering in 1971 on 'Echoes'. In my view all the greatest PF moments are the ones where he is in full flow. After all, without 'Us and Them' and 'The Great Gig In The Sky', both of which he wrote, what would 'The Dark Side Of The Moon' have been? Without his quiet touch the Album 'Wish You Were Here' would not quite have worked. In our middle years, for many reasons he lost his way for a while, but in the early Nineties, with 'The Division Bell', his vitality, spark and humour returned to him and then the audience reaction to his appearances on my tour in 2006 was hugely uplifting and it's a mark of his modesty that those standing ovations came as a huge surprise to him, (though not to the rest of us). Like Rick, I don't find it easy to express my feelings in words, but I loved him and will miss him enormously"

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As most other years, I saw a compilation today of all the public people we have lost during 2008. (it seemed like an awfully long list this year).

From Carlin to Heston - including Richard Wright, there will be many great people to be missed.

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread