Hook a Dummy up

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Greetings,

I am looking for information on a couple of ladies' watches I "inherited" from my Mom. They are both gold colored, with 'stretchy' metal bands; one band is the zig-zag type criss-cross metal links, and the other appears to be hollow tubes with a gold colored elastic 'string' running through the center. Both of the watches are tiny, about the size of a dime (US), one reads "Lucerne" in cursive, with 'Swiss Made' below the "6". The other simply reads "Waltham". Neither has any visible serial numbers or model numbers, but the Waltham has on the back "E 10 k RGP Bezel" and "Stainless Back" below...........confused yet?

Both watches appear to be very old, although I don't know how old 'stainless' is............

I tried the Forum > Miscellaneous > Antiques & Collectibles > Clocks and read the thread Gypsy authored about Watches - Identification and Info, but didn't get any helpful information. I guess I'm too cheap to pay someone $60.00 to research for me ;D

At any rate, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Roger

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
From another site: http://en.allexperts.com/q/Collectibles-General-Modern-684/Lucerne-Wristwatch.htm

Answer
Hello Gina, Thanks for the inquiry. The Lucerne Watch Co. of Switzerland is still in business, making low priced wristwatches. Very few Lucerne watches have any collector value, but mainly those with multi-function features, such as chronographs with day-date, stopwatch, etc. This one wouldn't have much value to a collector. Your Minnie Mouse wristwatch by Bradley might be worth $20.00 to a character watch collector, if in running condition. Not many people collect character wristwatches, because they usually have lesser quality movements. I do hope this helps answer your questions.

OP
OP
ramjet2187

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Thanks, MJ. I actually did the Google thing 'first', but was overwhelmed with the number of possibilities. I could spend the rest of my life reading those links. As far as the Lucerne, the one I have doesn't look modern, rather 1930's-1940's...........Heck, I don't know, but it sure isn't new!!!

Thanks for the reply, though!

Go Army! :D

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
ramjet2187 said:
Thanks, MJ. I actually did the Google thing 'first', but was overwhelmed with the number of possibilities. I could spend the rest of my life reading those links. As far as the Lucerne, the one I have doesn't look modern, rather 1930's-1940's...........Heck, I don't know, but it sure isn't new!!!

Thanks for the reply, though!

Go Army! :D

I thought that since you were actually able to see the watches, it might be easier for you to check pics of get closer to what you need...

Now - if you posted pictures of them I bet you'd get more responses :)

OP
OP
ramjet2187

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
I thought that since you were actually able to see the watches, it might be easier for you to check pics of get closer to what you need...

Now - if you posted pictures of them I bet you'd get more responses :)
[/quote]

The sites I found required a serial number to search..........and since I can't find any serial numbers (I suppose they're on the inside?) so checking pics isn't really possible.........and if you knew how hard it is for me to post a picture........... :D :D, let's just say I'm still on dial-up, and leave it at that ::)

I'll try tomorrow, but I have to work tomorrow, so it's off to bed now.

Thanks for all your help, though, Jim.

Roger

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I've had that prob before, myself.

Go to search for something and get TONS of info to sort through!

Good luck, Roger Ramjet!

rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread