cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stock knobs are junk, but, they made them that way for safety of the pot switches. Get an aftermarket set of knobs that have a set screw. I prefer the ones that use an Allen wrench rather than the one ones that use a small screw driver. I've had the screw driver type corrode and seize/strip. I also got the ones with a pointer that sticks out a bit. It makes it easier to turn when your hands are wet, and you can tell where the adjustment is in the dark. The main thing you need to be aware of with set screw types of knobs, is that you have to be careful turning the shafts. You can more easily break the pot if you get too aggressive turning the shaft.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are sets for sale on Ebay, or, as I did with one of mine, I went to a new/used/surplus electronics store and found some cheap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions