Del Taco?

Bullfrog1

Oct 24, 2008
Here in Southern California, the best all around fast food Mexican chain, is Del Taco! They are a front runner that others should take heed from! After an 8 years absence, Del Taco brought back, their "homemade" shell, Tostada, at $.89 cents! Others charge a $1.19 for it, with no homemade shell. I Love their thick, Classic Taco's! Not the razor thin ones put out by Taco Bell. Del Taco, has the "hotest" hot sauce for a fast food chain, with their "Inferno!" Taco Bell's "Fire" is like Mary had a little lamb, next to it! The thing that makes Del Taco, the front runner, over all the other chains, is they have a "senior discount", which covers "everything" on their menu, not just a small soda or small coffee, like all the others just do! That's the way they do it here in Southern California! Del Taco food is tasty! Taco Bell's food is bland to me! Next to no taste at all, doesn't taste like "real" Mexican food. Plus, Taco Bell, puts in "rice fillers" in their burritos! Now that's crap! Taco Bell tries to save money with stupid rice and not all beans, which doesn't fill you up, forcing you to spend more $$$$ to get full, and if you thought it did get full, you'd be hungry again in an hour! So what place, in the long run, is better, saving you more money? What's your thoughts?

OP
OP
B

Bullfrog1

Oct 24, 2008
Bullfrog1 said:
Here in Southern California, the best all around fast food Mexican chain, is Del Taco! They are a front runner that others should take heed from! After an 8 years absence, Del Taco brought back, their "homemade" shell, Tostada, at $.89 cents! Others charge a $1.19 for it, with no homemade shell. I Love their thick, Classic Taco's! Not the razor thin ones put out by Taco Bell. Del Taco, has the "hotest" hot sauce for a fast food chain, with their "Inferno!" Taco Bell's "Fire" is like Mary had a little lamb, next to it! The thing that makes Del Taco, the front runner, over all the other chains, is they have a "senior discount", which covers "everything" on their menu, not just a small soda or small coffee, like all the others just do! That's the way they do it here in Southern California! Del Taco food is tasty! Taco Bell's food is bland to me! Next to no taste at all, doesn't taste like "real" Mexican food. Plus, Taco Bell, puts in "rice fillers" in their burritos! Now that's crap! Taco Bell tries to save money with stupid rice and not all beans, which doesn't fill you up, forcing you to spend more $$$$ to get full, and if you thought it did get full, you'd be hungry again in an hour! So what place, in the long run, is better, saving you more money? What's your thoughts?

I don't work there! I like it so much, I eat there 5 days a week, at least! For all the money I'm spending and saving there, I should buy stock!

Wutdahay

Jul 13, 2006
Pahrump, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MMM...!!! Del Taco. I love this place. "Feed the Beast!" I remember many moons ago when it use to be called Naugles; anyone remember this? My favorite, the .99 cent bean & cheese burrito. The monster-sized Macho Combo burrito is also great. My record is eating two in one sitting. Any contenders out there? I also remember when they use to sell the hot sauce by the bottle full; I wish they still did.

OP
OP
B

Bullfrog1

Oct 24, 2008
Bottles of hot sauce? I wish they would sell them again.....especially the INFERNO! Fantastic Stuff! :love4:

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I TOTALLY agree !!!! My favorite is the #8 Combo !!!!

Del_Taco_menu_board.JPG

PLL

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings from Texas....I too am a lover of the Del Taco, its probally one of the best fast food Taco places I have eatten at...and you cant bet the price!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I miss Del Taco since moving from southern California back to Maine in 2002. But I have to admit my all time favorite fast food is Carls jr. and the Famous Star.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We don't have them here in the Northeast, but I do love Mexican food.

Do they also make Chimichanga's :dontknow:

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here where I live there are no good cheap food places. Just the normal 5 and some repeat ma and pas. I love love love Mexican and not a single great place at all. Just American Mexican.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread