My worst sirloin steak ever
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2003
    Northern Hemisphere
    119 times
    Cache Hunting

My worst sirloin steak ever

Applebees. TWICE! :P

us
    Dec 2004
    Troy X5
    54 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: My worst sirloin steak ever

dog food theme dives suck
    All animals are equal, but some are more equal then others. -George Orwell

us
    Jul 2006
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Garrett Ace 250
    17 times

Marc, I agree! Applebees is Overpriced & Overcooked!

Halfway Decent Steak (for F.F. Chain) is Romano's Macaroni Grill!

Joe
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
                          Member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy!

stefen

I agree with the Baron, most all chain themed restaurants suck.

One exception is MiMi's...their personnel regardless of level are schooled for 1 week...and if they are upward mobile, they recieve another week of schooling for the new position.

bk
    us
    Seeker of Fortune

Jan 2005
    SE Minnesota
    Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
    61 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I think they use Rid-X to tenderize their steaks.

Mar 2005
    Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
    51 times

applebys does suck! my x band mates liked to go there before band rehersal, and i can honestly say i hated everything on thier menu.
    GTI 2500/ACE 250

Jul 2006

Gotta agree -- especially, don't get the "all you can eat ribs" special when they do have it. They brought them out to me two at a time, and didn't start cooking the next two until I asked for them. Took for-freakin'-ever to get just six of them, and they have so little meat on them! I got fed up before I felt well fed! Other places with such a special going will have the ribs ready to go out much quicker, possibly by having them "almost fully cooked" during the dinner hour.

I guess "all you can eat" means "we will tell you how many is all."

us
    Grrrrr!!!

Oct 2005
    FL
    42 times

Applebees is good during the first week of a new store opening. this is because they have traveling chefs who cook at openings and teach newbies the roaps. notice after that week it starts going down fast! another place thats over priced and not good is outback. everytime we go out to dinner at a chain rest. except olive garden. we decided it would be better to just stay home and cook. of course with all of the recipes on this site who needs a resturant?? LOL
    scouring the central NY area for treasure always happy to get leads and buddies to dig with and learn with!

us
    Jan 2006
    DUI
    62 times

applebees for steak?thats like wanting a great burger and going to mcdonalds
    the dreams of the young are the regrets of the old

Jul 2006

Quote Originally Posted by KGCnewbieseeker
    Applebees is good during the first week of a new store opening. this is because they have traveling chefs who cook at openings and teach newbies the roaps. notice after that week it starts going down fast! another place thats over priced and not good is outback. everytime we go out to dinner at a chain rest. except olive garden. we decided it would be better to just stay home and cook. of course with all of the recipes on this site who needs a resturant?? LOL
    Actually, the Outback by me is quite good -- never had a bad meal there. Steaks are always cooked perfectly, quite tasty, portions are as one would expect, and the service is almost always great.

Now Olive Garden, well, we've never had any luck there. Either portions are too small or the food just doesn't taste right. We've decided to avoid it in the future (as we have with Applebee's.)

us
    monty

Jan 2005
    Sand Springs, OK
    ACE 250, Garrett
    135 times
    Banner Finds (1)

The Applebees I go to is great for salads and side dishes but not for a main course meal. Go to a steak house specializing in steaks if you want a good piece of meat. Sirloin is a cheap cut of meat to begin with. The worse steak I ever got was in San Diego at a very exclusive restaurant. It was about the size of a hockey puck and just about as tasty. I asked for the biggest steak on the menu too! I asked the waiter where the rest of mysteak was and he said something to the effect that they didn't eat much lean meat around there and I found that to be true! Monty
    Don't make me loose the hounds! If you dig, Cover up your holes.

us
    Jan 2006
    DUI
    62 times

outback,always had good food there,plus those tall fosters,and those steak knives(i've got about 50-60)
    the dreams of the young are the regrets of the old

PBK

May 2005
    214 times

I was once led, or rather misled, to a mercifully little-known "steakhouse" called Champ's something-or-other. After discovering that it was housed in a couple of L-joined double-wides and allowing myself to be dragged in anyway, I definitely got what I deserved, and could only console myself with the thought that at least the poor horse had obviously lived a long, long time before joining us for dinner.

Jul 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Monty
    The Applebees I go to is great for salads and side dishes but not for a main course meal. Go to a steak house specializing in steaks if you want a good piece of meat. Sirloin is a cheap cut of meat to begin with. The worse steak I ever got was in San Diego at a very exclusive restaurant. It was about the size of a hockey puck and just about as tasty. I asked for the biggest steak on the menu too! I asked the waiter where the rest of mysteak was and he said something to the effect that they didn't eat much lean meat around there and I found that to be true! Monty
    Monty -- what was that restaurant? I live in San Diego, and want to know where to avoid! Oh, and it isn't true -- Sandy Eggans eat LOTS of lean meat!

us
    monty

Jan 2005
    Sand Springs, OK
    ACE 250, Garrett
    135 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Don't remember the name of the restaurant it was about six years ago . It was right downtown near the famous hotel with the big gaudy fountain out front. Monty
    Don't make me loose the hounds! If you dig, Cover up your holes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links