McDonalds

S

stefen

The worst prime rib ever was from Outback...so was the service.

S

stefen

No, in fact that was my first time at this restaurant. In fact, I will not patronize any restaurant or business if the service or product is under-par.

The quality of a restaurants service is the direct reflection of the server.

The server should see that the order picked up from the kitchen is exactly as the customer ordered...not to function as a drone and claim innocence when confronted.

My prime rib, without exaggeration was 50% fat...and the server never checked on our table for at least 1/2 hour.

I literally took my plate to the kitchen and asked for the manager...needless to say the service took an immediate and dramatic redirection.

Why pay top dollar for crappy service and poor quality food.

A tip is for satisfaction of food quality combined with prompt service...and is not mandatory.

A fist full of pennies is a grim reminder...and a lesson learned (the hard way).

I was at a restaurant recently and was serves day old rubbery vegetables. I immediately asked for the Manager who was standing about 20 feet away working the cash register. After waiting about 5 minutes I picked up my plate and went to the head of the line and sat the plate on the counter. The Manager was totally embarrassed and I told him that he purposely ignored my request...he gave a lame excuse that the veggies were overcooked...I demonstrated that they couldn't be pierced with a fork, much less eaten...he continued with more excuses such as being busy, new cook, and the like. I told him that I was a cook and he was serving yesterdays food and not fresh veggies as advertised. And if he needed lessons on how to prepare food or take care of patrons, I would be glad to give him and his staff lessons. About 10 people behind me applauded...

There is no excuse for bad service.

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
stefen said:
No, in fact that was my first time at this restaurant. In fact, I will not patronize any restaurant or business if the service or product is under-par.

The quality of a restaurants service is the direct reflection of the server.

The server should see that the order picked up from the kitchen is exactly as the customer ordered...not to function as a drone and claim innocence when confronted.

My prime rib, without exaggeration was 50% fat...and the server never checked on our table for at least 1/2 hour.

I literally took my plate to the kitchen and asked for the manager...needless to say the service took an immediate and dramatic redirection.

Why pay top dollar for crappy service and poor quality food.

A tip is for satisfaction of food quality combined with prompt service...and is not mandatory.

A fist full of pennies is a grim reminder...and a lesson learned (the hard way).

I was at a restaurant recently and was serves day old rubbery vegetables. I immediately asked for the Manager who was standing about 20 feet away working the cash register. After waiting about 5 minutes I picked up my plate and went to the head of the line and sat the plate on the counter. The Manager was totally embarrassed and I told him that he purposely ignored my request...he gave a lame excuse that the veggies were overcooked...I demonstrated that they couldn't be pierced with a fork, much less eaten...he continued with more excuses such as being busy, new cook, and the like. I told him that I was a cook and he was serving yesterdays food and not fresh veggies as advertised. And if he needed lessons on how to prepare food or take care of patrons, I would be glad to give him and his staff lessons. About 10 people behind me applauded...

There is no excuse for bad service.

Although I hate bad service, I'd never send my food back. I just won't go back to the establishment. Worked in the restaurant/bar business for 10yrs and it it true that some will spit or do despicable things to your food.

HH 8) surfrat

KGCnewbieseeker

Oct 29, 2005
FL
I dont send back food eather i just have them take it off the check. gross. and i worked in fast food and in the kitchen and they do really nasty things to customers food who are pains in the butt. gross. my advice just have them take it off the bill and go somewhere else. its not worth it.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ditto on what Stefan said
i will ask for "a fresh glass of water"
if I'm getting the moron treatment
drop a handful of pennies in it
so they have to work for the money
god knows they didn't when they served us ;)
then never go back so
F them is my creed
if i get crap service ill say something off the bat(within the 1st few times of realizing things aren't right)
and if they don't sharpen up "ill ask do you hear that"to the server when they say "no"
ill say yup thats your tip get with the program
or
it goes to the manager they will 99% of the time comp things(which is not what im after)
best was all of our drinks coffee and 2 meals
60 bucks for our meals drinks etc for 20 bucks not bad ::) so i tipped the manager ;D
thats a good way to chap the servers ass

OP
OP
Night Stalker

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Biggest Tip....

Biggest tip we have ever left a server was a $50.00 bill. We had just sold our home and were out celebrating, service was excellent, waitress looked 7-8 months pregnant, so we handed her fifty bucks! Then paid with a hundred dollar bill and told her to keep the change! All in all she scored about $110.00 tip that meal.

It's good to be nice sometimes................ ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good point NS ;) but i thought your not supposed to tip at MC D's ;D

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
KGCnewbieseeker said:
I dont send back food eather i just have them take it off the check. gross. and i worked in fast food and in the kitchen and they do really nasty things to customers food who are pains in the butt. gross. my advice just have them take it off the bill and go somewhere else. its not worth it.

I have sent food back. One notable time was when I ordered an omelette with just mushrooms in it, no cheese. (Every single item on the menu had cheese, and I'm allergic to it. But I was with friends.) Waitress said no problem. But the chef made it with Swiss anyway. The waitress didn't even bring it out, reminded the chef it was "without cheese." So the chef made a second one. No Swiss. But when the waitress brought it out, I lifted up the white, crumbly stuff on top of the omelette, smelled it, looked at her, and asked, "what's this?" She said, "grated Parmesan." I handed it to her, and said, "you know what to do." She said, "Yup." (She understood, it wasn't her doing.) Then the chef came out to me, and straight out, in front of my friends, said, "Just what the hell is your problem!?!?!" I looked right back at her, and said, "My problem is that I'M ALLERGIC TO CHEESE. I've got a long drive home [was 500 miles from home] and would rather spend it driving than IN THE HOSPITAL!" The next omelette came out with just eggs and mushrooms -- as far as I could tell. I did leave a nice tip, but told the waitress to not share it with the chef. (Waitress was nice, and understanding. Chef was a bitch.) When paying for the meal, the cashier asked how it was. I said, "Well, considering that I had to have my order made three times before it was right, and I STILL DON'T KNOW IF THE CHEF SPIT IN MY OMELETTE, it was okay." (The chef was five feet from the cashier when I said this.) Needless to say, I never ate there again. But, damnit, I was hungry, and figured the heat of the grill would sterilize anything she would have spat into it.

I've sent other food back, too, but only when the order was obviously wrong. I've suffered through badly cooked food otherwise. But when I'm paying outrageous prices for food, I expect it to be prepared the way I ordered it.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
McDonalds or Burger King.... I have no idea which one is the best really.

But once I figure it out I will know which of the 2 is the absolute cellar dweller of restaurants.

Postalrevnant

Glenns5900

Dec 14, 2005
Longmont, CO USA
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro (not SL) Old, but still good
Many years ago after moving to a new town, we went to a Dennys for breakfast. After we were seated we noticed that there weren't many people in the restaurant and most of the empty tables had not been cleared from the previous guests. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN A CLUE. The waitresses were chewing gum, and filing their nails and playing grab a$$ with the cooks. After about 30 minutes the waitress came over and said that our order would be out shortly. I said "That's great! What did we order?" We had been there 30 minutes and no one had bothered to take our order, but they were sure it would be out soon. Must be one of those ESP gifted waitresses. After we ordered it took another 30 minutes to get anything from the kitchen. Meanwhile, the people in the booth next to us said that they had been there over an hour and had not seen any food yet. They were pretty pi$$ed too. About 15 minutes later the food showed up at the next table - COLD. They just got up and left without paying or even taking a bite. We decided to do the same even though we hadn't seen anything of our order. At this point it had been over an hour. About 6 months later they closed up and within a year it reopened as an IHOP.

On the other side of the coin, I used to go play at the slot car track across town and once a week all they guys would go out to this mexican restaurant for dinner afterwards. There would be about 10 to 12 of us. After arriving at the restaurant they would quickly take about 4 tables and push them together. The same waitress always waited on us. She was really cute - long blonde hair- about 20 years old. She would go around the table to get all of our food and drink orders WITHOUT WRITING A THING DOWN. It took her about 3-4 minutes. The orders always came out promptly AND correct. She even did separate checks for us. It always amazed me how she could keep all of it straight. We always tipped her well. I'm sure she was a college sudent trying to make ends meet.

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
A few years ago, I stopped in a Travis near the house. I sat down at the counter & took out my treasure mag to read. A waitress approched
and asked me if I wanted Coffee. I said No thanks, & she walked away. Never asked me if I wanted something else to drink, or a Menu, just
walked away. Then I noticed her standing at the Register gabbing w/ another Waitress. I said to myself that I was not going to say a word.
As it turned out, I read the entire Mag, then as I was leaving, waved to the girl. Bizarre experience!

joe

S

stefen

A few years ago I was skiing at Mammoth and a bunch of us (party of 12) went out to the Plank House for dinner, an up-scale steak / lobster restaurant.

A friend of mine was served a mixed green salad topped with garbanzo beans and croutons. He informed the waitress that he was allergic to the beans and would she please bring him a fresh salad.

Moments later he was on the floor gasping for breath and luckily his business partner was with him and administered meds from a kit...in addition, the paramedics showed up and rushed him to a local hospital.

Apparently, the waitress took the salad back to the kitchen and removed the beans...the problem was the residue from the beans...

The Manager apologized for the problem...what he should have done was to fire the waitress on the spot, pick up the tab for a ruined dinner, and offer to pay for the medical expenses.

No. Just apologized and walked away.

We all left---didn't pay or leave a tip...as if that mattered.

This is a case where waiters and waitresses should be aware of the consequences of food allergies an d the potential consequences...including legal aspects.

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
I agree. In this case, the restaurant was directly responsible for the allergy attack. They were (and still are) legally responsible for any and all expenses directly related to it, including hospital, doctor, and ambulance charges. In addition, the server could possibly face criminal charges for neglect. If it isn't too late, I would suggest (and I am not normally litigious) suing their asses off! Especially for the manager's callous attitude. (After all, that's the real reason McD's was sued over hot coffee -- not because the woman scalded herself with it, but because they showed a "who gives a damn" attitude towards her injuries.)

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
Mc Donalds

Gota have Chicken Mc Nuggets and Coke.

the Coke is required to remove the greasy feeling from the roof of my mouth.

Parts is Parts...

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
I am crazy about Hardees Mushroom + Swiss Thickburgers . Ever notice how one resturant in one area has much better or worse food than the same resturant in another area ?

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
WV Hillbilly said:
I am crazy about Hardees Mushroom + Swiss Thickburgers . Ever notice how one resturant in one area has much better or worse food than the same resturant in another area ?

That's because most of them are franchises, and not corporate owned, and therefore have more leeway in quality control. I find the same is true with "major chain coffee shops" -- there are some Denny's restaurants you couldn't pay me to eat at, others I go to regularly -- for that very reason.

Chico Rico

Dec 28, 2007
Virginia
The term "chef" is used too freely today.
It's kinda like driving, most of us can do it, but the professional ones can do it with out hurting others while being pleasing even the most demanding customers.
It's not about "educating" your customer, it's about service and quality.
So I eat at slow food establishments...sometimes.
Fast food 'll kill ya!
Just check out the ingredients.
Ever notice there is no "organic" fast food?
THat fad will be here in about two years I'll bet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread