I want the McRib sandwich back!

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey now iam hungry.Funkman Taco Bell use to have a Bell Beefer kinda like a sloppy joe i wish it would come back.....aa

Drudge

Nov 19, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab: eTrac, Excalibur II, Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the mac&cheese off the roach coach best ;D

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work telecom and I am in the kitchens in those places all the time, I don't want to ever eat anything from them. Grease icicles hanging from the ceilings, cables, and so on, bug droppings, food mishandled, bad food served, food being handled with no gloves, employees working, handling the food while sick. Floors so slick with grease I can hardly walk with out slipping, HUGE mouse and rat traps set out. .......

You get the picture. I turn down a lot of free meals, go in hungry, come out with no appetite.

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Not much of a fast food fan but I know Wal-Mart or Sam's Club sell a fake rib
type thing for sandwiches & is about the same thing McDonald put on those
sandwiches.

57sauce

Dec 3, 2007
Rochester, MN
Not much of a fast food fan but I know Wal-Mart or Sam's Club sell a fake rib
type thing for sandwiches & is about the same thing McDonald put on those
sandwiches.

Not close to the same, at least not close enough. I made it my mission to get it on the regular menu, but to no avail last year I called the local office every day for 2 months and sent email letters. Had friends send letters also. But "There are no plans to put the McRib on the menu. We are going to have this sandwich as a seasonal product."

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the McRib too! Don't know why, it was kind of like barbecued Spam......... It's kind of a similar situation with White Castle burgers...... you crave them and then after you eat them you don't know why you did it........... but you KNOW the craving will come again.........
I think they put addictive chemicals in them!!!! ;D

Treasure_Hunter said:
I work telecom and I am in the kitchens in those places all the time, I don't want to ever eat anything from them. Grease icicles hanging from the ceilings, cables, and so on, bug droppings, food mishandled, bad food served, food being handled with no gloves, employees working, handling the food while sick. Floors so slick with grease I can hardly walk with out slipping, HUGE mouse and rat traps set out...
You get the picture. I turn down a lot of free meals, go in hungry, come out with no appetite.

Hey "Treasure_Hunter", that's why I DON'T go into fast food kitchens!!! hahaha

-Sgt Jim

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great now I just got double-whammied! Because I love the McRib AND White Castle! (And Steak & Shake!!)

-SgtSki

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
but I know Wal-Mart or Sam's Club sell a fake rib type thing for sandwiches & is about the same thing McDonald put on those sandwiches.

I meant that they're the same, just ground up pork processed into a rib shape
with some BBQ sauce on top. Neither one comes close to being good eating.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in Austin,Tx,they brought it back out in November'08 and it sold out.

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too...wish they would make it a full time thing....I can eat two of them with no fries....who needs fries????I love them....as good as they sell, I dont see how they can say they dont sell well enough......I have eaten the one from Wal-Mart but they cant hold a candle to McDonalds.....but they beat nothing....

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here we get the mcribs back every year around Christmas. Check at yours around then. My wife works at a corporate one so that maybe why they have them. Franchise may not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread