Fresh ground coffee

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
I started drinking coffee about ten years ago.I`ve always just bought the foldgers or maxwell house in the can.A couple years ago I got a coffee grinder and some of that 8 o clock coffee (columbian) they sell at wal-mart.It was like night and day and I was hooked.Now I feel like a coffee snob because I won`t drink it unless its fresh ground.Sometimes I get different brands, some of the more famous stuff is good.You just can`t go wrong grinding your own.I must be bored,I need to go detecting!!!HH.jeff

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
If you like the 8 o'clock coffee, try Seattle's best French Organic. Very Yummy. I drink about half a pot in the A.M before I can function.

I heard on the Radio about a "Peete's Coffee" out of California somewhere. I think it's where Starbuck's (I refuse) originally got there coffee from for the first couple of years. Supposedly it has a very nice kick to it.

Also a proud member of C.A.

Tomas Frijole

Jan 6, 2009
west branch
Detector(s) used
ace
Try roasting your own at home the night before you grind it. You will experience another night and day revelation. I burned out my home roaster so now I use a 1500 watt hot air popcorn machine. And you will become king of the coffee snobs to your friends.

Drudge

Nov 19, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab: eTrac, Excalibur II, Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't drink alot of coffee but i do have the single serve K-Cup and Pod coffee makers that help me get my fix QUICK :laughing7:

badoscar

Aug 2, 2007
Anywhere U.S.A
I also use the K-cup deal. A bit pricey but some of the brands are really pretty good.
So far I like the Green Forest Sumatran Reserve the best.

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been buying very expensive coffee and grinding it fresh daily. It is wonderful, but it has ruined me. I can not enjoy normal coffee. It's a good thing to enjoy normal coffee.

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
8 O Clock in a grinder pot used to be my favorite....until I discovered Keurig K-Cups!! I like the "fresh" cup every time and even though the K cups are a little more expensive I now no longer throw out a quarter pot every time I make coffee.

DK

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife has just discovered the wonders of roasting her coffee. By the third batch she took the chance and was trying jamacian blue mountain. Then grinds it herself and into the k-cup. BAM perfect coffee every time! :coffee2:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife has just discovered the wonders of roasting her coffee. By the third batch she took the chance and was trying jamacian blue mountain. Then grinds it herself and into the k-cup. BAM perfect coffee every time! :coffee2:
Ditto on the Jamaican Blue Mountain,My wife and I have been Coffee drinkers for 40 years,it truly is the BEST I EVER tasted,the ONLY thing I didn't like, the price! God Bless Chris

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ditto on the Jamaican Blue Mountain,My wife and I have been Coffee drinkers for 40 years,it truly is the BEST I EVER tasted,the ONLY thing I didn't like, the price! God Bless Chris
Coffee isn't the only good thing that comes out of the Blue Mountains:tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread