Lucky Me

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Hey Guys. I click on the Alabama forum numerous times every day just to see if any of my neighbors have posted and I'm beginning to think nobody in Alabama is detecting these days. I know it's hot, but come on.

I am from south Alabama and own some land and a house down there but have been living in Tuscaloosa county for the last ten years. I am renting up here and got lucky and found a house on 40 acres of land to rent. I have to look very hard to see my closest neighbor. I have a great landlord that I see at least once every two months if I'm lucky. :laughing7:

The house is in the country on a county road and the land is on both sides of the road. Across the road is a 20 acre hay field. I found an old home site in the hay field nobody knew was there. I have been hunting it for a couple of years now and the finds are few and far now. This past monday after the rain, while it was still fairly cool, I decided to go hunting for a little while. Now I have found things here from the late 1800's and early 1900's but nothing to lead me to believe the house was there before then.

Until monday. ::)

I got home from work and went straight to the site. Ground balanced the vaquero and took off. My first good signal was to be the best. An indian head. I stuck it in my shirt pocket and kept going. Found a couple of other things, but nothing important.

After I finished, I went back to the house for supper. After supper I remembered the IH so I took it out to get some of the dirt off it lightly rubbing it with a toothpick.

I scared my wife when I yelled. :D 1864. I couldn't believe it. From the hay field. :icon_scratch:

Any way, I remembered Doug's post about the 1864-L and started going slow. I still have not cleaned the penny real good and probably never will, but I swear the L is there. The following pics are the best I can get with my camera, but I hope to get some better ones next week. A friend at work has a better camera than mine and said he would take some pics and e-mail them to me. When I get them I will post for you to see.

Take a look and let me know what you think.

Good Luck
Randy

Attachments

• 1864003.JPG
    1864003.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 800
  • 1864002.JPG
    1864002.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 804
  • 1864003.JPG
    1864003.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 806
  • 1864002.JPG
    1864002.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 820

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky you!!! :icon_pirat: Super find, Randy!! No idea on the 'L' tho...but... Hope ya find a bunch more keepers there!!!

Congrats~ Nana :)

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
Great recovery, Love then injuns... LOL

mlhudson

ps, We still are hunting in alabama, we're just posting it on our forum ( southeasttreasurehunters.com)

OP
OP
RPG

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
mlhudson said:
Great recovery, Love then injuns... LOL

mlhudson

ps, We still are hunting in alabama, we're just posting it on our forum ( southeasttreasurehunters.com)

Thanks mlhudson, didn't know about the forum. I just went in and registered. :thumbsup:

Randy

mlhudson

Mar 19, 2006
GADSDEN, ALA.
Detector(s) used
All White's Detectors MXT and IDX_pro, ANY OLD DETECTOR WILL DO
THANKS GUYS AND GALS FOR SIGNING UP AT THE OTHER ONE " SETH "..

We hope to see one of you T-neters at one of our meetings.
If you need more info, just check some of my club post. We're on there aswell....

MLHUDSON
Club President
Southeast Treasure Hunters Club

JFord

Greenie
Sep 28, 2010
Hey RPG, u still in tuscaloosa? I got wind of an old site in that area supposedly on public property, would be awesome to tag-team it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread