OP
Jaws2

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
kc10bull said:
Way to go!!!!!! could we get a better pic of the rings???? :hello2:

I know the camera sucks, I will give it another try with a different camera. Just got back today from the same area, not as good today but still managed to pull two more rings, one gold one silver.

:hello2:

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
Nice haul! What part of the state are you in? I'm in San Diego and got a couple of nice rings this week, including a platinum and a pearl. Got out yesterday and saw a little erosion from the recent swell, a few green quarters are starting to show. Bodes well. Welcome to T Net. :thumbsup: Jim

OP
OP
Jaws2

Jaws2

Oct 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
ziphius said:
Nice haul! What part of the state are you in? I'm in San Diego and got a couple of nice rings this week, including a platinum and a pearl. Got out yesterday and saw a little erosion from the recent swell, a few green quarters are starting to show. Bodes well. Welcome to T Net. :thumbsup: Jim

I work Huntington to San Clemente area, I am retired so it makes it easy for me. I just stumbled on this site a couple of days ago, I like it and will be posting interesting finds in the future. A buddy of mine picked up a meteor the other day that weighs at least a 1 pound.

I am posting better pictures of the rings that I reported yesterday.

Bigp2

Attachments

• 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 940

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
bigp2, I was wondering how you southern CA guys made out with that recent southern swell that came through. Thanx for posting. What kind of coin totals were you getting each day? Your southern CA beaches have potentially good ring counts, because the warmer so. CA waters invite more swimmers. Up here where I'm at, you practically need a wet suit to get into the water, so there's much less in the water activity (which equates to less jewelry losses >:( )

We too had some action on our central CA southern facing beaches (Santa Cruz for example). Several golds: rings, earings, a medallion, a bracelet, etc... came up after the erosion. Here's a pix of one of my day's takes. The big nugget ring is gold with a diamond. Haven't weighed it yet, but it's one of those that are big enough and fat enough that it reads up near zinc penny!

Attachments

• beach 001.jpg
    beach 001.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 936

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the ring on the left looks like the ring my high school metal shop teacher made
for an old biker he knew and that was 36 years ago :sign13:
I don't think it had a diamond in it....

California Girl

Dec 19, 2011
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, White's Mxt Pro & GMT, Gold Master ll.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Very cool rings. Try clipping rings to paperclip. This gives us the top view of the ring. I've tried it. It works. Keep on hunting. Happy New Year!!! :headbang:

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been digging with a metal detector for years...like 10 and have yet to find a gold ring...I guess its because I hate digging all the trash you have to. to find gold rings...to old to be bending over and digging all that stuff....so I just pop coins...I have managed to pocket a lot of silver coins...popped silver coins with my Dad for 3 weeks in an old boy scouts camp in Sacramento along the America River a few years ago, Half's, quarters , dimes for days..my dad still has his, I sold mine off when silver was high...

Jerry311

Nov 3, 2011
Ramona CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigp2, I was wondering how you southern CA guys made out with that recent southern swell that came through. Thanx for posting. What kind of coin totals were you getting each day? Your southern CA beaches have potentially good ring counts, because the warmer so. CA waters invite more swimmers. Up here where I'm at, you practically need a wet suit to get into the water, so there's much less in the water activity (which equates to less jewelry losses >:( )

We too had some action on our central CA southern facing beaches (Santa Cruz for example). Several golds: rings, earings, a medallion, a bracelet, etc... came up after the erosion. Here's a pix of one of my day's takes. The big nugget ring is gold with a diamond. Haven't weighed it yet, but it's one of those that are big enough and fat enough that it reads up near zinc penny!

I want that nugget ring !
It looks like the one I found years ago. I wear it every day. ring1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread