Any interest in researching credible "UNFOUND" caches in Ca?

Got_4by4

Feb 9, 2009
Treasure Valley Id
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, White's IDX/Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any interest in researching credible "UNFOUND" caches in Ca?

I don't understand the last two threads on caches found some 35+ years ago!

Isn't there any interesting things that are unfound that need further research?

It's bad enough that this forum is so unused that we need somebody from out
of state to come here to post.

Mind you, we appreciate anyone from anywhere posting here. BUT, can't we
find something a little more relevant to the times?

Heck, I'll even settle for talk on some mythical treasure rather than that.

Just MY 2 cents worth,

OP
OP
Got_4by4

Got_4by4

Feb 9, 2009
Treasure Valley Id
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, White's IDX/Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Any interest in researching credible "UNFOUND" caches in Ca?

BUMP!

BruceHuffington

Feb 13, 2006
So-Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would be interested in finding someone interested in actually going out and taking a look around after some research has been done. There seems to be a number of lost caches, mines and gold bearing areas in Southern California worth searching for.

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm all about the research and exploration. If you have anything in particular you want me to focus on digging info up on, let me know.

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.

Hey custom, try to find the lost emerald mine out by Anza. There's lots of stories about it. I just don't know where to start researching. The closest I've gotten was that it was high up on a ridge.

watcher 2

Dec 13, 2010
Valley Springs, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites Gold Master, Whites TM 808, Garrett AT PRO, H3 Super Alien
Primary Interest:
Other

Rattlesnake Dick/Richard Barted, a bandit in northern California in the mid 1850s. Killed July 11, 1859. Plenty is known about his escapades. I have been having trouble locating his cabin outside of Folsom, CA. I will share some valuable information with anyone who can locate his cabin. I need its location as a starting place to follow a lead to a cache of gold and silver buried near by.
If you want to take on this challenge. Thanks.

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have been working on trying to uncover some more information on the Ruggles brothers of the Shasta county area, and what happened to the gold from their stage coach robbery.

Also looking into more on the overturned Mormon wagon that had a large sum of gold in it, was in the Clear Creek area up here in Shasta county.

watcher 2

Dec 13, 2010
Valley Springs, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Twisted One,
I have a simular interest. And would be interested in a partner who knows the area. I live 220 miles south and researching the area will take someone living near by. A local would be most valuable. I have the equipment to shorten the search down to a single afternoon or two. I was involved in another project this year. But when the weather clears come spring. I will be out there. The land on both sights should be accessable.
Watcher

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have no real experience, but more than willing to help out if I am free when you come up. As soon as it warms up a bit I will probablly start going up that way and do a little scouting.

watcher 2

Dec 13, 2010
Valley Springs, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

Sounds like a plan. Research is 90% of cache hunting. If the location is accessable. And no one has beat us to it. We are in.

EvilJLS

Tenderfoot
Sep 12, 2011

They are many articles, books, and webpages regarding California Unfound treasures and caches. I've spent a lot of time researching these things for fun and go out and conduct some searches. Between the old settlers and indians in Southern California there are literally hundreds of stories.

Wings&Things

May 7, 2013
Oakdale, calif
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thomas Penfield "A Guide to Treasure in California".. one can still find his books online..there not cheap..mine was published in 1972..very intersting stories..I got one via the Las Vegas-Clark County Libraary District, Las Vegas new Mexico - if I can find Fenns treasure I can look for something else:)

And on for Nevada ala dated 1974..

Makes for good reading..:)

Terry (The Old Guy)

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One i did years ago was researched old stage stops between big cities and gold digging.

many miners traveling back to the cities from the gold fields in the 1800s would stop at stage stops for a few drinks and food.

Stage stops were ruff places with some shady people hanging around.

Many miners would hide there gold poke close to the stage stop before going in with plans to pick up there gold before they left. some never did for one reason or another.

Also many operators of these stage stops hid there gold close to there stations and some may still be there.

At one stage stop (freemans junction)there has been a couple gold assay buttons found near by with metal detectors

And i found a small amount of gold nuggets at another one that i believe came from a gold poke as it was not a gold mining area and all the nuggets were in a group that you could cove with your hand.

8KCAB

Jul 12, 2011
Bakersfield
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thomas Penfield "A Guide to Treasure in California".. one can still find his books online..there not cheap..mine was published in 1972..very intersting stories..I got one via the Las Vegas-Clark County Libraary District, Las Vegas new Mexico - if I can find Fenns treasure I can look for something else:) And on for Nevada ala dated 1974.. Makes for good reading..:) Terry (The Old Guy)
This book has been gone through and re-released by his daughter. It's available on Amazon for like $15.

Edit:

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Guide-Treasure-California-2nd-Edition/dp/1479233390/ref=pd_sim_b_2

It's $20.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread