GPAA Claim info El Dorado County

rhartman911

Feb 4, 2013
Camino, Ca
Detector(s) used
3"Highbanker/Dredge Combo, Gold Buddy Mini Highbanker, Keene A52 Sluice Box and a Garett AT Gold Detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Gold!

Jan 20, 2013
We tried to find the claim, the directions are terrible with missing turns, the road long and unkept. We wasted an entire day looking for the claim, the directions are more then 20 miles off. We turned around after 12 miles down the rock creek road when the booklet says 8.7 and went home, wasted fuel and gold if we went to another non GPAA area.... We will think twice before trusting the GPAA booklet ever again, the worst part was the look on my wifes face how sad she was at a wasted day, we worked so hard and planned for a wonderful day on the river. Whom ever wrote the directions.....I will keep those thoughts off the Internet..........!!!! Most unprofessional printing

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rhartman911

Feb 4, 2013
Camino, Ca
Detector(s) used
3"Highbanker/Dredge Combo, Gold Buddy Mini Highbanker, Keene A52 Sluice Box and a Garett AT Gold Detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think I found the claim on Rock Creek,I went through Georgetown and then turned down Rock Creek Rd and went just a little ways pass there mileage and came across a bridge and on one side you could work the creek and on the other you couldn't as the book said but there was no claim markers so I really don't know if I was on the claim or not, didn't find anything I have been to two GPAA claims (I think nothing is marked) and have found nothing.
I never found the one over in Grizzly Flats according to my GPS unit I got within 300' but it was straight down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread