Another recent vintage Gold jewelry find,

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
Today after work hit an old local site, Dates back to 1853 and occasionally gives up an old goodie or two if we're patient enough to wade through the iron......Appears to be a Gold watch fob, weighs in at 5.4 grams.

It cleaned up well, Just needs a little more scrubbing on the gold chain. Plus, it appears to be no less than 14K. That makes two old gold jewelry finds the past two weeks, The other was a vintage ladies gold ring so when this piece surfaced today it was a real pleasant surprise.

Too bad the gold ticker wasn't attached :-\

HH, Paul (Ca)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,189

doublet2a

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2007
Lindsay, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite 5", 8" & 10" coils. EXP II 8" & 10" coils with inline Sunray pin pointer. AT Pro 8" & 10" Coils, Equinox 600 10" and 5" coils.
Good to see the local stuff ??? ???
I live out of the area now ;D

Tim

Boxtopp

Jul 11, 2004
Lake county Ca
Detector(s) used
Se mxt tiger shark
WTG & Congrats Paul.

I see what you mean Paul, to bad the watch wasn't attached. Good grief! My heart would of stopped.

Those buttons look like crusty zinc's.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I'd say that's a fantastically great find. I hope you don't mind me asking a question. If you do, don’t answer, I’ll understand.

What kind of soil did you find it in, was the ground or surface disturbed and or scraped, or was the ground undisturbed? If it was the latter, it must have been down 4” to 7” or deeper being that it was lost so long ago.

HH

Oh yeah, I have one more question, can we see the ring?

OP
OP
Old California

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
Thanks gang,

As you shown in picture, The ladies gold ring including part of the gold watch fob needs a good cleaning. The harsh elements from this area weren't to kind on the finds including gold jewelry, Even the seated 1/2 dime has tuff layer of crud on the coin.

Most of these finds came from surface to very deep, What ever is posted in the picture are from the same area and are some of the finds made the past 2-3 weeks.

Thanks and Merry Christmas,
Paul (Ca)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,114

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Thank you Old California. Again, very nice finds and thanks for posting them.

Good luck and happy holidays to you and yours.

SFHunter

Feb 1, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very Cool!!

Love seeing old gold and silver here in Cal...

Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
not sure but the item in the first picture reminds me of a tool my father use to use to tamp down the tobacco in his pipe... maybe not but I haven't seen one since I was a small boy. thanks for sharing and hh

S

stefen

Ricky1601 aka clad king said:
not sure but the item in the first picture reminds me of a tool my father use to use to tamp down the tobacco in his pipe... maybe not but I haven't seen one since I was a small boy. thanks for sharing and hh

Most likely a square nail

California Girl

Dec 19, 2011
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo, White's Mxt Pro & GMT, Gold Master ll.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. I have heard of the watch Fob's but haven't seen one till now. Congrats. Happy New Year!!!

riverdiver

Sep 27, 2011
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic5 ID
White's Surf Master II with the dive rod
Garrett Treasure Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! I am a SoCal native who lives in NH now but I love to see finds from my old state. The area you are in had beaver trapping on the two major rivers as early as 1832. I hope you also hunt the shorelines of these two rivers as you may find some history that related to beaver trapping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions