New brunswick legend!

Rugger

Mar 25, 2011
Legends say that in 1542, a pirate vessel laden with plunder moved up the St. John River into Swan Lake. Near a rocky point, the ship was moored and the chests of treasure moved ashore. The pirates excavated a pit near the top of a hill, placed the treasure into the hole and covered it over. They then sunk their vessel in the lake and headed overland to Boston. The estimated $7,000,000 treasure cache has never been recovered.
Anyone out there familiar with this legend or would have info to share would be greatly appreciated

Rugger

OP
OP
R

Rugger

Mar 25, 2011

Hello! Peter
I live in the Laurentian area, Quebec
Are you currently involved in treasure hunting.
Have you ever come across this legend before?
Rugger

frbynd420

Greenie
Mar 24, 2014
moncton nb
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lets go... peter did your family have gas station in sussex? same name thats why i ask

OP
OP
R

Rugger

Mar 25, 2011
Backbacon I am taking your advise and stop all discussion on my searches
I,am very close to one of them and my nature is to share with everyone but maybe I should think a bit more of myself.
I,m from Da north born in Kirkland Lake ,about you!

OU812

Nov 19, 2014
Rugger,
Good day,
I have heard of this legend,
But sadly all the research had led me to a big Oh No!!
All areas pertaining to land is now government owned,
and cannot be accessed, furthermore areas that involve "this Treasure" the land, properties, coastal areas that surrounds possible locations are no longer accessible because of government regulations.
I know I've tried to find information,
Too and I've just hit one road block,
After government road block.
For two years.

Sorry brother.
It's a hard blow to the gut for me and anyone else..
Good old government screws yeah,
Everything for the hopefuls like us!!!

Steve/OU812

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rugger

Mar 25, 2011
Hello! Steve
Sorry it took so long to reply.
Have you considered doing a search at night?
Using Google earth you can almost pin point the area.
and from what I can determine the land in question is municipal owned park land.

jason m

Oct 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello guys, my name is Jason,I was flipping through killing time at work and noticed your post on swan lake, I have had an interest in this since I was a kid, I grew up in walking distance of the lake, and have walked around 90 percent of this area,both sides of my family owned property and both ends of the lake before the army took it over,however the date 1542 makes no since as Boston did not exist then! But many old timers have talked about this for years. Have lots of information but not much way of backing it up.

DeGrouchie

Aug 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swan Lake

Hello guys, my name is Jason,I was flipping through killing time at work and noticed your post on swan lake, I have had an interest in this since I was a kid, I grew up in walking distance of the lake, and have walked around 90 percent of this area,both sides of my family owned property and both ends of the lake before the army took it over,however the date 1542 makes no since as Boston did not exist then! But many old timers have talked about this for years. Have lots of information but not much way of backing it up.

I've been looking and looking for more info on this but have had no luck. You would think there would be some info especially if there is a ship sunk in the lake.

EastCoastGuy

Mar 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are we talking about Swan Creek Lake towards Upper Gagetown? PM'ed YOU

Last edited:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I believe the story you mentioned was written by Noel Richard in his book or article entitled 'The Lost Treasure of New Brunswick'.
If he is still around, you may wish to ask him for his source of that story.
Here are many other New Brunswick treasure stories reported by Noel Richard: The Lost Treasure of New Brunswick,Canada
Don......

froufrou

Aug 16, 2023
I believe the story you mentioned was written by Noel Richard in his book or article entitled 'The Lost Treasure of New Brunswick'.
If he is still around, you may wish to ask him for his source of that story.
Here are many other New Brunswick treasure stories reported by Noel Richard: The Lost Treasure of New Brunswick,Canada
Don......
i found a peace off wood with 1676 rithen on it and alot off other stuff but to old to now what it is . i need a expert here with a couple of day's to check out the place . and to i found a a peace of steel that look like the handell of a sword

Buttonbandit

Oct 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i found a peace off wood with 1676 rithen on it and alot off other stuff but to old to now what it is . i need a expert here with a couple of day's to check out the place . and to i found a a peace of steel that look like the handell of a sword
Can I see a picture of this piece of wood?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread