NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been a busy summer and I haven't had much free time but I did manage to get out and find these amazing bottles.... The first is a somewhat rare Olin & Orendorf of So. Pueblo, not many of these were made to begin with and very few survive today. The second one is an extremely rare E. Mercier from Trinidad CO. it's got a pretty light embossing but still readable and the only one with this particular plate I have found anywhere so far.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_0060.JPG
    100_0060.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 96
  • 100_0061.JPG
    100_0061.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 105
OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow NOLA those are amazing!!! If you can turn me on to any old trash sites that you might know my way I?m all ears [emoji1301][emoji1301]
I would say to go out along the lake, over by lincoln beach, out by ruddock,,, there's got to be some good dump spots waiting to be found

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would say to go out along the lake, over by lincoln beach, out by ruddock,,, there's got to be some good dump spots waiting to be found
Well Well Well look what cam in today!! Speaking of the Devil Ken. Great minds think a like 👍🏼🇺🇸👍🏼

Attachments

• 86ABB80E-AD1A-441D-85A5-BDC8D1861F9B.jpeg
    86ABB80E-AD1A-441D-85A5-BDC8D1861F9B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 48
OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Well Well look what cam in today!! Speaking of the Devil Ken. Great minds think a like 👍🏼🇺🇸👍🏼
If you go out to the Lincoln Beach area, there used to be fishing camps along the lakeshore there past the end of Haynes Rd, if you look on google earth you can see all the piling from the old wrecked docks. There are some new places built there but I would imagine that if you checked the empty lots you might find old trash pits or privy holes. I don't know if a detector would be much good there because it's brackish slightly salty water and there's going to be thousands of nails and lots of trash

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you go out to the Lincoln Beach area, there used to be fishing camps along the lakeshore there past the end of Haynes Rd, if you look on google earth you can see all the piling from the old wrecked docks. There are some new places built there but I would imagine that if you checked the empty lots you might find old trash pits or privy holes. I don't know if a detector would be much good there because it's brackish slightly salty water and there's going to be thousands of nails and lots of trash
Yeah Ken but one thing is for sure I would have to bring my .45 and if out there for awhile my truck might be on cinderblocks. That’s Little Woods the don’t even deliver pizza there and that was 22 years ago. http://www.pontchartrain.net/491303

OP
OP
NOLA_Ken

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Ken but one thing is for sure I would have to bring my .45 and if out there for awhile my truck might be on cinderblocks. That’s Little Woods the don’t even deliver pizza there and that was 22 years ago. http://www.pontchartrain.net/491303
We used to go out there quite a bit, and never had a problem, but yeah it gets rough over there. There was a corner store right there across from where we went up the levee and we just parked in their lot, and I think everyone just knew not to mess with the store, but last time I was out there the place had burnt down and I have no idea if they ever rebuilt

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We used to go out there quite a bit, and never had a problem, but yeah it gets rough over there. There was a corner store right there across from where we went up the levee and we just parked in their lot, and I think everyone just knew not to mess with the store, but last time I was out there the place had burnt down and I have no idea if they ever rebuilt
I’m must admit you picked my interest

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread