Radioman

Tenderfoot
Apr 17, 2013
Manchester, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Treasure Hunter and Bounty Hunter Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, Just got my feet wet in the hobby. Been playin in the back yard trying to get used to the sounds of the detector, and looking for someone to lead and possibly go out and do some detecting. I have a Bounty Hunter Treasure Hunter detector and a Bounty Hunter Pin Pointer. Nothing real expensive yet until I know what I'm doin'.
Radioman

lindral

Greenie
Mar 8, 2013
Brookfield, CT
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Welcome Radioman! I won't be much help because I'm near Danbury but I have a BH Quick Draw II and BH pinpointer. I've been hunting about 2 months. My best find so far is a 1892 Indian Head penny. Good Luck and happy hunting!

Jaichim24

Jul 28, 2010
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there, I'm the current President of a metal detecting club in your area. You're welcome to attend up to 3 of our meetings with no obligation to join. You can talk to our members, get some info, and of course have a great time. Visit our website to find out more information and when we're holding meetings.

www.yankeeterritorycoinshooters.com

banshee89

Tenderfoot
May 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello radioman.....

Seems CT is kind of dead for metal detecting enthusiast. Which is fine as a lot of the places I have been checking have not been hunted out...... with the exception of my back yard. In my back yard I only found some clad, which for a house of 1930 I would have expected to at least find a wheat or 2 . I have a bounty hunter tracker iV at this point and regardless of what some people say, I have had great luck at finding coins 1910 and above. Its a wheat magnet. the pre 1900 stuff still eludes me. Probably has to do with my hunting locations but I also have a feeling the tracker does not have enough depth in some areas. Been a great machine and I have had a lot of fun with it. No complaints.

I will probably be getting a Tessoro machine as a next machine. I like sound and the simplicity of an analog machine. I am not sold that a digital processor with an LCD display that may or may not be correct.... is worth it. I will keep my Tracker and give it to my 9 year old son who is currently using a Bounty Hunter Junior.

I see there is the Ctcoinshooter club in East Hartford but honestly, with 3 children, full time work, house, cranky wife,...... I just don't have the time to devote to a club environment. Its usually a lat minute yell "hey kids anybody want to go MDing at So and So?" and off we go for a few hours.

I will say its all about location. I research everywhere I go.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread