Are any Connecticut hunters still active on this site?

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm here. PM sent earlier. GreenMeanie is right. People tend to freak when they see a group of MD's. I'd love to see some the old yankee farmers sponsor some paid hunts on their property as long as the cost was reasonable. Probably will never happen.

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Garrett Gold Stinger, Garrett XL500 Pulse, 2" Sub-Dredge,Goldsnare SGS-1, ELF detector, MFD w/electronic detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi-I'm in central Ct. I've checked out many streams with my pans and mini-sluice. You can find a occasional color if you work carefully after research. If you like garnets and black sand to process...CT has it. Most gold has been found in the NW counties. My trowel and pan are always in my car. I also carry a super magnet attached to my trowel handle. Use Garrett pans and Bat pan(it has magnets that immobilize the black sand and trap the very, very fine gold. Good hunting. You can never look at too many maps and treasure leads.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, Sluicedog. I'm in Goshen but I've only panned once years ago and that was in Colorado in June. Water was super cold anddidn't find anything. There are two streams around Torrington that folks say occasionally give up some color - Leadmine Brook and Nickelmine? Brook (not sure of the second). I know there are some big chunks of milky white quartz in the area of Leadmine and I'm told that might be an indicator of gold, but as I said, I know nothing about the subject.
HH
dts

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Garrett Gold Stinger, Garrett XL500 Pulse, 2" Sub-Dredge,Goldsnare SGS-1, ELF detector, MFD w/electronic detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The only gold I've found in CT was hear Beacon Falls, Rt. 8 (Beacon Valley Road) on the Naugie and that was just a speck. I would like to spend more time on the West branch of the Farmington River. I think that area might yield some results with work.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi-I'm in central Ct. I've checked out many streams with my pans and mini-sluice. You can find a occasional color if you work carefully after research. If you like garnets and black sand to process...CT has it. Most gold has been found in the NW counties. My trowel and pan are always in my car. I also carry a super magnet attached to my trowel handle. Use Garrett pans and Bat pan(it has magnets that immobilize the black sand and trap the very, very fine gold. Good hunting. You can never look at too many maps and treasure leads.

That's interesting as I also have a Bat pan. Looking in the tribs of the Quinnipiac from time to time.

Barney75

Oct 16, 2012
Hi all. I'm fairly new to this site and when searching for Connecticut members there doesn't seem to be any current posts. Anyone in Northwest Connecticut still hunting?

Hi - I joined a year or so ago but was badly injured when I was rear ended .
I am recovered now and looking for hunting partners.
I'm in eastern ct but I travel all over.
I've been detecting for a long time but not too many over my way are serious.
I get out once a week.
Let me know if you have an interest.
Thx,
Barney75

mudwhale

Jun 12, 2017
CT
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just joined this forum. I live in central CT but spend all my time lately in the NW corner. LOTS of cellar holes there....

M.Brian

Greenie
Mar 18, 2018
Connecticut
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m from greater Hartford county, I grew up along the ct river. I am a new member but would love to hear stories of hunting in Connecticut’s past if anyone has any to share. Thanks and happy hunting to all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread