sjarchangel

Sep 13, 2008
Delaware
Detector(s) used
V3i, ETrac, Excal II, Shadow X2, Tesoro Silver Max, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Hit 3 r's,coin beach

I've always had fairly good success on th IRI beaches and surrounding areas. I Was down there this weekend but didn't have a chance to to MD :-( . . . maybe I'll get off my tired butt and get out there in a week or two.

:-)

OP
OP
Dcoop

Dcoop

Jan 12, 2009
New Castle,DE
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5

Re-hit beaches today for about 3 hrs.
notable finds
1884? i think, Indian penny,back side decent shape,front not
2 40's wheaties
42 silver Quarter
1 Corroded man's wedding band,brass i think
possible 40 nickel,too green/red to tell
fishing gear
20 0z Wawa coffee cup full of junk

OP
OP
Dcoop

Dcoop

Jan 12, 2009
New Castle,DE
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5

3 r's is the name of one of the beaches at indian river inlet,its 1 mile south of the inlet,its a drive on or walk on beach<permit req to drive on>i think 3 r's mean rest,relax,renew....
some people just refer to all the beaches down there as "coin beach"

OP
OP
Dcoop

Dcoop

Jan 12, 2009
New Castle,DE
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5

if your from Ocean pines,isnt that down rt90 or something from ocean city?your pretty close,you should try it up there if ya never have,take me 1 1/2 hrs to get there :( or i'd go more

DeHunter

Greenie
Dec 15, 2005
Sussex County, Delaware
Detector(s) used
Whites Sprectrum XLT

Dcoop said:
3 R's is the name of one of the beaches at Indian river inlet,its 1 mile south of the inlet,its a drive on or walk on beach<permit req to drive on>i think 3 R's mean rest,relax,renew....
some people just refer to all the beaches down there as "coin beach"

If my memory is working at all, I remember that 3R's referred to a local school and stood for Reading, Righting and Rithmetic...or something like that....lol

Key Box Road referred to a station stop used for the beach patrol. The beach patrol had to put their key in a gadget to prove they had walked that far and did their job..or something like that...lol

Coin Beach Road led to Coin Beach where in the later 19Th century, buckets of old British and Irish copper coins were found washed ashore from the wreck of the Faithful Steward. Or so I've read.

Most of the road names stood for something, way back when, believe it or not...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread