JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The daughter, dog and I took a little road trip to camp out at Fort De Soto County Park in Pinellas County. No, it is not a State Park.

eastbeach.jpg
desotopark.jpg

Did mostly water hunting, but did some dry sand at night too. The park closes at dark, but the pier stays open until 11 and there is a small beach area on either side of the pier.

all.jpg

Not the most targets that I have ever had, but not much trash either. There was some iron around, so the pulse helped me clean that up :icon_thumleft:.

Broke my "No Gold since June 11th" dry spell with a nice wedding band, 14k with ten stones:

ring1.jpg
ring2.jpg

Found this cute little van. My daughter tells me they call it a "Hippie Van." That's a word I haven't heard in a while. Probably belonged to some Obama supporter's kid.

hippievan.jpg

Had trouble digging up this target, sat there an looked at it in the scoop for a while trying to decide if I was going to put it in my find pouch or not. When it was wet, it was hard to tell it was fake.

fish.jpg

Hunting the dry sand at night, had this signal come in as foil. It's made of steel, but really nice piece anyway. My daughter fell in love with it.

cross.jpg

Found this cheap plated ring, that has an inscription "We Love Wawu Shank" as best I can tell. Searching the Internet doesn't give may any clues. If anyone knows Wawu, let me know.

wuwa.jpg

Now back home to the beaches that don't have any targets, oh well, fun while it lasted.

HH, Jack

Attachments

• eastbeach.jpg
    eastbeach.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 3,045
  • desotopark.jpg
    desotopark.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 555
  • all.jpg
    all.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 616
  • ring1.jpg