Florida silver

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites E-Series (as my back up) Whites Surf Pro P.I. (for water) and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw a freshly cleared lot while working so I stopped for a few minutes. Found 7 Lincolns, 7 wheat pennies & 4 silver dimes. 1 Mercury & 3 Roosevelts

ForumRunner_20131113_153157.png

ForumRunner_20131113_153218.png

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loving it!....Great finds!....I do have one question...Im actually from Florida and EVERYTIME i detected, I never found any old coins..but would find tons of Modern clad at 6"+...I was just curious how deep these were...and if it were a fluke that i was in areas that had fill dirt.....Great finds again!

OP
OP
The Dig Dig

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites E-Series (as my back up) Whites Surf Pro P.I. (for water) and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loving it!....Great finds!....I do have one question...Im actually from Florida and EVERYTIME i detected, I never found any old coins..but would find tons of Modern clad at 6"+...I was just curious how deep these were...and if it were a fluke that i was in areas that had fill dirt.....Great finds again!

Florida sucks for old coins & its very difficult to find them consistently. They can be anywhere from 2" to 8" depending on the area. Many of mine are coming from old home lots that have been turned so their depth is where the bulldozer pushed them

OP
OP
The Dig Dig

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back today for a good hour plus. Found a bunch more clad, 3 more wheaties, a toy gun, another Roosevelt, a 48 and a real cool Sheriff Token circa 1945

image-2930089687.jpg

image-2525703233.jpg

image-473723346.jpg

image-2581056897.jpg

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat token! I spoke with Clarence Prevatt about the token yesterday...He seemed happy that they were still turning up! He said they were made by a company that made transit tokens and whatnot, and that it was 1954...I think.

He said he was working at the constables office at the time, and that he got his butt wooped in the election!

I thought you might like to know he is still around.

OP
OP
The Dig Dig

The Dig Dig

Aug 25, 2013
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat token! I spoke with Clarence Prevatt about the token yesterday...He seemed happy that they were still turning up! He said they were made by a company that made transit tokens and whatnot, and that it was 1954...I think.

He said he was working at the constables office at the time, and that he got his butt wooped in the election!

I thought you might like to know he is still around.

Yes I was aware he's still around. I spike with his secretary a few weeks ago & was told he & his son were out of town until the 18th. I planned on calling this week

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread