Daytona Beach was super clean this weekend

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of Daytona did you hunt in relation to the Hilton and the Boardwalk?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were you hunting dry sand, wet sand or in the water? I was there last Sat night and was finding lots of clad, no jewelry :'( , as well as trash from the slobs who are too lazy to take their cans to the trash, but I was mainly hunting wet sand to knee deep as I was trying out the new Sov and Wot coil....

Good luck, I'm hunting this weekend again, but not sure what time just yet. Maybe I will see you there.

becket

Jun 3, 2007
St. Augustine beach is the same way, even past the renourishment areas there is just a ton of sand on everything in the summer. We need a good storm to cut it up. Went today and it was real clean except for a bit of surface trash from the touristas, but I managed a nice pocket knife (crkt m-16, but the lower end one, still nice Tanto blade). Try all the holes the kids and parents dig, might find a ring or something in the hole, or surrounding piles of sand. Also look for yesterday's holes that are filled in. I always check a six-foot circle when I see the telltale beach chair cuts where people were sitting, often there will be foot holes right in front, and hand diggin's on either side. Just something else to check when it gets deeply sanded, I can't wait for a TS, can do without the hurricane upgrade though for sure!
HH Becket

DR

Feb 22, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
DFX, Excal 1000
It is not what it appears to be. the beach changes and gives up booty when it wants to.
Persevere and you will succeed. it may take many times of getting nothing trips, but when the beach decides to spit up the goods it will indeed spit. The stuff is right where you went over last time but it was out of reach of your coil. But maybe not this time grasshopper.
Persevere!
DR

becket

Jun 3, 2007
Here ya' go, we have a decent NE wind and rain for a day or so, that will get some sand off the beach. Check the cuts and slews of water, etc. Keep at it, that one great day will offset the others for sure.
HH Becket

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread