identify objects

badboy5465

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone tell me what this brass heavy button may be and poss what year spoon may have been from.

ForumRunner_20140326_190203.png

ForumRunner_20140326_190144.png

Sent from my SM-N900V using TreasureNet

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is likely a manufacturer's name on the back of the spoon. If there is look it up and see what years they were producing similar items. Otherwise it looks like a fairly common nickel silver spoon, in a style that was made for a long time, with little way to get any accurate date.

OP
OP
badboy5465

badboy5465

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well know for fact its silver, did test on it and said silver, plus it had green on it when found and silver has that kind of reaction, and theres nothing on spoon that says anything

OP
OP
badboy5465

badboy5465

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And thanks for reply, ment to post all the facts I knew about them, kind of just dropped it on u, I apologized

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually silver turns black with tarnish, brass, copper, and nickel silver turn green. It may be silver plated, but if it were sterling it would be so marked. You'll know when you find real silver, most of it comes out of the ground still shiny, or with very little corrosion. U.S. silver coins are 900 fine and sterling is 925 fine and I don't see silver coins being found that are green.

OP
OP
badboy5465

badboy5465

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im always learning and will continue to do so, I was told completely opposite and now I know

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it's been awhile but you know the spoons like that are pretty cool finds ( if only worth their weight in brass)
and the Button deal IMO looks like Some Decorative Piece off Furniture or maybe a more modern button off a Coat or something. ???
Just Curious
Where you hunting at.?
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread