New Ahuimanu BIMAL Half Pint

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
Howzit! I'm a new member of Treasurenet and wanted to show you guys what I found on my last visit to Hawaii.

Note: I grew up in Hilo, but have been living in California for several years. I travel back to Hawaii periodically to dig for sodes with my brother Craig.

I was digging on the night after the tsunami(not) and found myself a half pint Ahuimanu BIMAL milk. Imagine my surprise when I checked "The Book" and discovered that it wasn't there! This bottle is similar to #951, but it is shorter, has tapered shoulders, a different top, slightly different base markings and writing on the back (#951 has no writing on the back).

I've checked with the local experts and have yet to find anyone who has ever seen this bottle before.

How about you guys, have any of you seen a bottle like this - or even a piece of one?

Attachments

• Ahuimanu.JPG
    Ahuimanu.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 546
  • Ahuimanu_Backside.JPG
    Ahuimanu_Backside.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 529

808kaz

Nov 22, 2009
OAHU, HAWAII
Howzit Sodetraveler...First of all welcome to the forum...That is one awesome find :o , thanks for sharing...I believe you picked a few bottle from me in the past...aloha 808KAZ

OP
OP
sodetraveler

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
Mahalo 808KAZ,
You inspired me to use my eBay name.

On another note, I met a few of you guys out at The Tar Pits (aka Trench Land) on Friday night. I was the tall haole guy wandering around the lot - or at least one of them, my brother is 6'6".

I didn't find anything good Friday, but I did dig up an intact water flush toilet from all the way down in the "gray layer". Some of you have no doubt seen it sitting in the grass near the trenches. I noted that there were no restroom facilities available. Feel free to use it with my blessing!!! ;D

808kaz

Nov 22, 2009
OAHU, HAWAII
Howzit Sodetraveler... :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: seen that toilet on Tuesday. I wondered where that came from, I was thinking of taking it home cleaning it up and reselling it on ebay... :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:, unfortunately that same day I got warned...gotta lay low for a while...cover of darkness is safer...just don't shine you head lamps around...I was doing the daytime just bad timing...oh well it was enviable...the other guys who got caught the first time said the haole guy was cool...mmmm...this particular haole was pissssssed off... young guy with glasses...aloha 808kaz

OP
OP
sodetraveler

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
Mega-Milk Score including Ahuimanus

Didn't think I was ever going to find any more Ahuimanus, but I was wrong!
On my trip to Oahu last week my brother and I scored big in a 1929 trash pit.
We pulled a total of 30 embossed Hawaiian Milks from a variety of Dairies, including - you guessed it - Ahuimanus!
We got the full set of Ahuimanu Hygenics (i.e. all sizes from gill to quart) plus two different Ahuimanu gills.
For those of you who have Mel's Oahu Milk Bottle book, these are listed as #12, #13 and #14.
My one-of-a-kind BIMAL Ahuimanu now has lots of friends! :occasion14:

Attachments

• Ahuimanu Full Set.jpg
    Ahuimanu Full Set.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 205
  • Ahuimanu Gills.jpg
    Ahuimanu Gills.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 210

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions