92.9 KB · Views: 402
  • JAPANESE PORCELAIN (2).JPG
    JAPANESE PORCELAIN (2).JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 343

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
808beginnerdigger said:
It's a bit unusual as I can't find anything on the web.

This might sound a bit crazy, but have you considered going down to a Japanese (or Chinese) store?

My wife is Chinese and so I do allot of shopping at our local Chinese super markets - there are lots of these in California.

I was shocked when I first noticed that most of these have entire aisles full of cheap cups and dishes that look exactly the same as the ones I've been digging up in 100+ year old dumps! :o

They still sell the same classic blue on white patterns that I've become so familiar with. Most of it is very crude and quite cheap - and there's allot of it to choose from.....

There should be plenty places in Hawaii that sell the same stuff, but unfortunately I've been away far too long to be able to offer any suggestions. Maybe someone in one of the specialty shops could help with the design? Good luck!

OP
OP
808beginnerdigger

808beginnerdigger

Mar 8, 2010
sodetraveler said:
808beginnerdigger said:
It's a bit unusual as I can't find anything on the web.

This might sound a bit crazy, but have you considered going down to a Japanese (or Chinese) store?

My wife is Chinese and so I do allot of shopping at our local Chinese super markets - there are lots of these in California.

I was shocked when I first noticed that most of these have entire aisles full of cheap cups and dishes that look exactly the same as the ones I've been digging up in 100+ year old dumps! :o

They still sell the same classic blue on white patterns that I've become so familiar with. Most of it is very crude and quite cheap - and there's allot of it to choose from.....

There should be plenty places in Hawaii that sell the same stuff, but unfortunately I've been away far too long to be able to offer any suggestions. Maybe someone in one of the specialty shops could help with the design? Good luck!

Thanks... I'll see if Pake at Antique Alley has any ideas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread