YARD SALE FIND - HONOLULU DAIRYMENS GILL

808beginnerdigger

Mar 8, 2010
Here is another yard sale find. "DAIRYMEN'S ASSOCIATION 1/4 PINT LIQUID (H.D basemark). I didn't see this variety in the Oahu Milk Bottle book but it is the same shape and size as #213.

DA QPINT LIQ 001.JPG DA QPINT LIQ 002.JPG DA QPINT LIQ.JPG

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
Love that semi-round base!

Have you figured out a date for it yet?

If it has any kind of marking on the base or around the edge of the base we might be able to nail it.

Off the top of my head I'm guessing either Illinois Pacific Glass Corporation (IPG in triangle, 1925-1931) or Illinois Pacific Glass Company (I.P.G.Co in diamond, 1902-1926).

Take a look and let me know. Mahalo!!!

OP
OP
808beginnerdigger

808beginnerdigger

Mar 8, 2010
Here's the basemark.

HD BASEMARK 008 - Copy.JPG

Love that semi-round base!

Have you figured out a date for it yet?

If it has any kind of marking on the base or around the edge of the base we might be able to nail it.

Off the top of my head I'm guessing either Illinois Pacific Glass Corporation (IPG in triangle, 1925-1931) or Illinois Pacific Glass Company (I.P.G.Co in diamond, 1902-1926).

Take a look and let me know. Mahalo!!!

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
That is quite the informative base you have there!

The big HD is obviously for Honolulu Dairymen's.

The symbol is the maker mark for Owen's-Illionois Glass Company.

The number 6 to the right of the symbol means that the bottle was made in 1936.

The number 17 to the right of the symbol means that the bottle was manufactured in the Clarion, Pennsylvania factory.

I had figured it to be teens or twenties based on......well, OK I was just guessing! The semi-round bottom and extra thick glass make it look far older than 1936.

Very nice bottle indeed and uber-score if it's one of a kind!!!

Mind if I ask how much you paid for it?

Mahalo!

OP
OP
808beginnerdigger

808beginnerdigger

Mar 8, 2010

The number 17 to the right of the symbol means that the bottle was manufactured in the Clarion, Pennsylvania factory.

I had figured it to be teens or twenties based on......well, OK I was just guessing! The semi-round bottom and extra thick glass make it look far older than 1936.

Mahalo!

Bought some other bottles mixed milks (some good, some cracked) one sode (a little sick) and a few orientals for $60 bucks... M.T. say's that is the second one he have heard about. Going to bring it to the club tomorrow for show and tell.

sodetraveler

Mar 3, 2010
Historic Saratoga CA
That was certainly the deal of a lifetime!I'd bet that there are people that would pay you 10 times that amount for just the Dairymen's......Wsa the sode BIMAL? If so, I'd love to see it!Aloha

OP
OP
808beginnerdigger

808beginnerdigger

Mar 8, 2010
That was certainly the deal of a lifetime!I'd bet that there are people that would pay you 10 times that amount for just the Dairymen's......Wsa the sode BIMAL? If so, I'd love to see it!Aloha

Yes, a Consolidated crown-top #33. It's getting a spin-job. The Waialua was also in the group.

HHBCC 019 (2).jpg

hawnbiz

Nov 1, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both a 1/2 Pint and Pint of this Bottle!

Mahalo!

Sorry, I'm new here. Not sure if anyone will find this post after several years have gone by. But, just in case someone does, I have both a 1/2 Pint and a Pint sizes of this Bottle! I also have 3 New Fair Dairy Bottles too, 2 are Pint and 1 1/2 Pint. I can't understand, it says, Honolulu, T.H. Wondering what the "T.H." Stands for. Maybe it's not a T? It's in cursive so not exactly sure...I have pics if needed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions