Hey, ........ something other than nails, staples or a shotgun shell

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Searching an old farm lot, covered up with ALOT of old rusty cans and nails/staple/screws. They register all the way from the lowest iron numbers, all the way up to the highest numbers on my detector(?), so I'm digging alot. Focused this mornings searching around where the clothesline used to be, and toward where the back door used to be on the farmhouse. Happy to find something other than the usual.....
moto_0916.jpg

......not quite the jars of money I had been hoping to find :icon_pirat:

Here's a shot of the home foundation:
moto_0912.jpg

Neat little farmstead, one of the older sites that isn't plowed under YET. Rock/boulder basement, two outhouses (one original and one newer), hog house, old heavy timber barn with rock/boulder walls/foundation(burned down at some point in time), one of the first farms in the immediate area.

OP
OP
rc2125

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Finally, ........ something other than nails, staples or .22 cases

It's a neat little site, but literally covered with metallic trash. Like you mentioned, I kept getting a high sixties number (which was outa the ordinary) mixed with the usual single digit iron #'s. I'm new to this whole deal, and still learning my machine. Forgot about the two nails that my pinpointer was hitting, along with the target!

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice heart rc. Coins are just waiting for you. Nice looking site you have there. HH.

Ed

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find there congrats, yep I know how it is when you got that much metal in the ground. Makes it hard to find the good stuff, looks like a good spot for sure.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds.....Looks like your having fun.... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread