Tried panning for gold today, Indiana/Michigan border area

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent a good portion of the day test panning different waterways we frequent. Did find some gold, .......that is so ultra fine, its almost hard to see without the sunlight just right. Seems to be just about anywhere. Not sure how to seperate it from the magnetic black sand stuff yet? Actually not sure if we'll even mess with trying, .......unless we can find how to concentrate it all together I guess.

Did find a few specks that were obviously heavier than black sand in the pans, which was very neat, considering the area, and one speck that the camera could actually pick up (using a slight magnifier!). Basically had to get out and try it!

moto_0955.jpg

Looks pretty nifty when magnified!

.... not so nifty , when not magnified and seen in real size (the tiny speck on the black tape!)....but I'll take it!

moto_0953.jpg

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good looking gold there, 6 more years and you might have a gram...lol :headbang: :headbang:

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WTG on the gold. Had my pans for years just never get chance to use them. Have a couple spots near lake that I am going to check this year. HH.

Ed

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got done building all my stuff back to the way it was last season and a little more...lol IM READY.... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Attachments

• SUNP0001.....1.jpg
    SUNP0001.....1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 600
  • SUNP0001.....1.jpg
    SUNP0001.....1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 422

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread