Civil War around Gosport Indiana

DaveP.

Jun 22, 2009
Bloomington, Indiana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was a youngster growing up I was always told that there are been a union army camped up around Gosport Indiana. I have searched for maps or information and have came up with zip. Anyone have any information one way or the other? If there was I have an idea where they camped or so I was told by some ole timers. If not then oh well, I still got some good exercise.

Thanks
DaveP

dale68

Jan 12, 2009
You might want to do a google search for civil war training camps in the county. Also county historical society might have info. If there are newspaper arcives in the county thats also a possibility. The county i live in had 3 training camps that i know of.

Sovereignelite

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Bloomington Indiana
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC & TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II---ETRAC COILS :SEF 10x12, SEF 6x8, X-5, Detech 8" concentric, ,--- TESORO COILS- 12x10 TOOLS: Lesche, Profind 25, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been trying to find out too. There is a park memorial for the training camp but have no idea exactly where it was.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear the farmer that owns that property is pretty nasty when asking to detect, the camp is close to the river and is farm field now. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread