Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
by the humidity that is.

Due to work schedule,personal obligations, and the weather (both temps and rain) I was able to finally get out Sunday for a hunt with 2 of my hunting partners at a lot in town that used to be houses.

We had hit it before and decided to give it a try again being that it was close to home and offered plenty of shade here and there.

First dig of the day was the 1881 Indian in crispy condition, then the Wheaties started to follow soon after all in the same general area as the Indian.

1 specific target rang up 12-43 and I was expecting to find my first silver for the day. That turned out to be the rectangular piece of lead (no ideas on that 1). Before filling the hole in, I remember getting the 12-40 bounce in there and ran the pinpointer around and it told me that something else besides the lead was present. It took me a bit to locate it, but I finally dug out the wheatie which I scratched and can be seen in the photo. Good thing it wasn't a key date

I pulled a 1914 wheat somewhere within the area of the Indian, unfortunately no mint mark. The 1914 Wheats are toying with me this year, as I have found a few of that date and all without the mint mark.

After 2 hours the humidity set in and we called it a day.

Any ideas on the lead piece? I included a couple of pics. along with it on the scale. We were thinking some sort of counter weight, but it is not uniform in thickness.

Thanks for looking and good hunting
DJH

Attachments

• 100_6140.JPG
    100_6140.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 241
  • Sun July 31 2011.jpg
    Sun July 31 2011.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 237
  • 100_6144.JPG
    100_6144.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 237
  • 100_6142.JPG
    100_6142.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 100_6146.JPG
    100_6146.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 240

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet there's some silver hiding in there somewhere. I think the your right about the lead being a weight. Looks like it was shaped to slide into a pocket of sorts. Kevin

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the IH and wheats, I won't be back out till it cools off some as the heat makes me feel worse than I already do.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
I was gonna say, you better not be getting chased off by the "Fuzz" or I may have to tune someone up :tongue3: Congrats on all the digs. Sure looks like a weight of some sort. That Injun may clean up good with some hot peroxide. :thumbsup:

Don and I got out and actually did some detecting. The heartstopper for Don was a 1916 Merc......for a minute there I thought he forgot about the key date one and I snapped it from and said holy crap, you got a 1916...Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaassseee have a "D".........NOT TO BE! >:( Oh well, try try again. I will try to post those digs.

Nice stuff again DJH :thumbsup: jgas

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jgas said:
I was gonna say, you better not be getting chased off by the "Fuzz" or I may have to tune someone up :tongue3:
Nice stuff again DJH :thumbsup: jgas

Hahaha,
If that were the case jgas, I would have titled this one "Darn those lousy screws" :laughing7:

Can't wait to see your detecting finds and glad you were able to get the dust off your machine :tongue3:

DJH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread