My new machine & first finds with it

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These items were all found in my yard, there is a target in almost every square foot of this yard so it's been hard to figure out how to go after the smaller targets but I've gotten alot better in 1 day of learning. There is so much trash that finding any deep silver is gonna be very hard if not almost impossible in my yard, luckily I didn't get it to just look in my yard!

1981 Nickel
stinkinlincoln
brass colored threaded ring but I believe it's aluminum as it weighs nothing
1979 Hotwheel
Lot's of trash not pictured

DSC01014.JPG DSC01011.JPG

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations and good luck with your new machine!

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your detector and the first finds, the MXT is an awesome detector pair it with the D2 coil and its a whole new machine. It takes some time to get used to the detector but when you do you won't miss much, also make sure to get some good headphones for those deep faint targets the koss that White's sells are pretty good but the other cheaper ones that they sell aren't very good for the deep faint targets. HH

OP
OP
inspectorgadget

inspectorgadget

Jul 14, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT with 10"DD coil, Sun Ray probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your detector and the first finds, the MXT is an awesome detector pair it with the D2 coil and its a whole new machine. It takes some time to get used to the detector but when you do you won't miss much, also make sure to get some good headphones for those deep faint targets the koss that White's sells are pretty good but the other cheaper ones that they sell aren't very good for the deep faint targets. HH

I have yet to find ground that isn't absolutely loaded with trash, & mainly 4" or 5" deep pull tabs but also a little bit of anything metal. Went to an area with an old long gone town today & Found 4 spent 38 special bullet casings, 2 Lincoln pennies, 1 silver dime that's so corroded it might not even be a dime, sounds like silver when dropped, is tarnished more like copper or nickel, is very very worn, even looks like it might be an Indian Head penny maybe? I like the fact of finding so many pull tabs because this tells me the ground hasn't been hit hard with detectors but there are 3-4 strong targets per square foot everywhere let alone any whisper tones. I have a set of Bose headphones I have tested with the detector & they seem to work well but I have nothing to compare them to. Had alot of issues pinpointing targets today cause the trash was so bad & this was a remote location 2 hours south of Indy in Martin Co. To get all the targets the whole area would need dug up, which isn't happening!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread