The maiden voyage

Almostneverlost

Mar 10, 2011
Took my boat out for the first time today with my friend Gary. Things started out pretty slow, hit most of the normal places, then decided to head up a side branch. Came to a pretty good looking gravel bar and I spotted this, what seems to be an Adena style point. And the last picture, I show the point with a flake knife my buddy found.
rsz_001[1].jpg
rsz_010[1].jpg
rsz_006[1].jpg

iowa trout

Dec 9, 2010
Not a bust then Trent sweet find all good with the Mud Bug? great investment, got a pile of damaged props here.

arrowheadlee

Mar 10, 2011
Iowa
:icon_thumleft: Congrats Trent, that's a nice one there and Gary's flake knife is neat too. Are we on vacation this week or just getting out enjoying the great work hour's now that it's nice out ?

Prime_Focus

Aug 27, 2008
Central Iowa
Way to go, Trent. It looks like that boat is going to come in handy. Sweet blade. I really like the adena type pieces. Careful you don't cut yourself with it. Those blades can make a nasty gash!

OP
OP
Almostneverlost

Almostneverlost

Mar 10, 2011
Thanks guys, Trout this has a steel auger type prop so it's pretty tough. Jeff I didn't go today, I had some stuff I had to do :help: Lee, Mondays are one of my days off, but do plan on going after work tommorrow. Tom I hope your healing well, and yes I will be careful :wink:
Good luck all if you get out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions