2nd Trip Haul

PaleoHunter

Nov 28, 2011
Heartland
Primary Interest:
Other
The field was in as good as shape as I could remember, our family set a new personal record, 7 hrs we found 86 worked pieces. Fun day of sun, sweat, and DIRT! Memories with the family for sure.
2ndtriphaul.jpg

better.jpg

MinerGirl

Nov 17, 2011
meicigama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Just have to comment: This is Soo Nice! I'm Soo Jealous! What a Fun day you had...:)

1point

Mar 13, 2011
Central Iowa
Holy buckets - literally! Dude, I'm sure there are DOT laws stating weight restrictions on how many pieces a person can haul out in one day!! Great job - can't wait to hold some of those bad boys.

Last edited:

Prime_Focus

Aug 27, 2008
Central Iowa
I'm going to reply to all of your second day posts right here by saying that you had the most fantastic outing that I've ever seen. Wowzer! Congratulations on so many fantastic pieces! You know, that looks about like the group of artifacts we had to pull out of Wick's pocket before we let him get on the elevator in the basement of the Historical Building. There was a weight limit and we couldn't get the elevator to go back up to the main floor. :laughing7: Just kidding, Wick!

Sprig

Mar 10, 2011
Unreal! What's the deal - did they plow over some virgin prairie on top of a river bluff for you or what!!!??

You definately have some killer pieces and what is even more special is you created some memories that will last a lifetime. Congratulations - good, no great, things come to those that (had to) wait. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
PaleoHunter

PaleoHunter

Nov 28, 2011
Heartland
Primary Interest:
Other
thanks for the comments folks...just blessed, fortunate and lucky to have had 2 great trips afield with the family this spring. i enjoy everyone's posts, pictures and stories that go along with this passion we all share...can't wait to see what you all find this spring and summer!

JRuss

Mar 25, 2011
That is amazing! Makes you think about how many finds came out of freshly plowed fields long ago... What part of the state are you in?

OP
OP
PaleoHunter

PaleoHunter

Nov 28, 2011
Heartland
Primary Interest:
Other
jruss- i once walked a few times with a guy who in my best guess had found at least a couple thousand artifacts or more, iv'e since lost tract of him but he was the real deal. i looked through his cataloged collection one afternoon years ago and it made my jaw drop. he was an older gentleman and he was one of those that was walking freshly plowed fields long ago...his collection was amazing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread