5-31-12 rain hunt

iowa trout

Dec 9, 2010
Keeping the camera safe and dry was trouble today managed a couple pics enjoy.
artifacts002-8.jpg

OP
OP
iowa trout

iowa trout

Dec 9, 2010
Some recent dozer work revealed this fire pit look close you can still see the circle very special to be there picture does no justice most fire pits I come across are just a smear in the field from farming practice witch this one will be to by next year likely.
artifacts001-8.jpg

DeerStalker

May 11, 2012
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! The firepit reminds me of something. A few years ago I was a Boy Scout leader and we took the boys on a campout to a nearby farm. We let the boys choose a spot in the woods to pitch camp and oddly enough, there was already an OLD fire ring of stones in that exact spot. We were camping on one of the boys' family farms, and he said that he didn't know of anyone ever camping there before. I never thought much of it until your post. I wonder if I went back there, if there would be some old relics in the area??? Thanks for jogging my memory!!!

Prime_Focus

Aug 27, 2008
Central Iowa
I love finding those old firepits. Not much mistaking them once you've seen one and realized what it is. Those fire cracked rocks are unlike any other rocks you see. Great find and pictures! Thanks!

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id be terrible at hunting them i only see rocks lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread