thought id hit the jackpot...

PaleoHunter

Nov 28, 2011
Heartland
Primary Interest:
Other
thought i'd hit the jackpot...

discoidal! not! this digging is tough, guess i'm a row walker at heart, no luck today except a liquid lunch, 1point and i discussed and i'm in the wrong area and soil.
can1.jpg

can.jpg

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before taking a drink ask the great spirit to help you to find an arrowhead while pouring a swallow into the hole! You must do this with every beer. Trust me you will find arrowheads, it never failed for me.

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you locate good dark midden from campfires you must always undermine on this layer to the length of your shovel, then you cave in the overhang so know one can see the hot spot. When I started doing this other hunters no longer jumped into my dig when I was gone. I prefered to trench rather than pothole, because potholes are surrounded by tailings. I would work other guys potholes by removing all the tailing to get down to good dirt. After a while you can really tell what has been dug before, so no need to screen. When the other guys saw how successful I was, they all poured beer in their holes too, true story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread