Checking activity of Forum and First Wheat Penny

lerafe

Greenie
Mar 8, 2010
Hi all from NE Kansas,
I was just checking the activity level of this forum and also bragging of first wheat head. (I am fairly new to MDing)
Went down the street to and old farm house, first time found nails, staples, and a 1960 penny.
Today found an 1982 and 83 penny, I was getting abit discouraged about new pennys around an old house, then i got a hit that I was sure was a coin but it was right next to a metal drain pipe, I kept digging and found a 1952 D wheat penny.

It was tough detecing though as the grass was over grown, any suggestions?
Thanks

ruffneck

Apr 3, 2009
Kansas
Detector(s) used
DFX/M6, E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Activity on this forum is basically next to nothing. Congrats on your wheatie.
Good to see that you're out swinging even in the heat. Short of mowing the grass at the
old farm house, you might have to wait til fall when the grass has died out.
This has been a great year for detecting with all the moisture we've had.
Been one of my best years in a long time. I've slowed down the last couple of weeks though,
the heat and humidity are killer. HH, Ruffneck

OP
OP
L

lerafe

Greenie
Mar 8, 2010
ruffneck said:
Activity on this forum is basically next to nothing. Congrats on your wheatie.
Good to see that you're out swinging even in the heat. Short of mowing the grass at the
old farm house, you might have to wait til fall when the grass has died out.
This has been a great year for detecting with all the moisture we've had.
Been one of my best years in a long time. I've slowed down the last couple of weeks though,
the heat and humidity are killer. HH, Ruffneck
Thanks for the reply Ruffneck,
Yeah, I have seen a couple MD forums, but was not sure which one was most active. So... I decided to try here first.
Yeah, I may have to consider mowing, or maybe not and just wait till fall :)
The heat has been a factor and places/time to swing limited, so I decided to try the old farm house down the street, not much luck but always a "backup" spot.
Thanks Again

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
Hey lerafe !

I dont know where in NE Kansas you are, but we have a great club with members in KC and all the surrounding areas.

Here is our message board if you would care to check it out. Feel free to sign in and post if you want. We have MD'ers from all over Kansas and the USA in there from time to time, but most of it is local MDing stuff.

http://www.mwas.org/forum/index.php

~KANSAS~

OP
OP
L

lerafe

Greenie
Mar 8, 2010
Kansas said:
Hey lerafe !

I dont know where in NE Kansas you are, but we have a great club with members in KC and all the surrounding areas.

Here is our message board if you would care to check it out. Feel free to sign in and post if you want. We have MD'ers from all over Kansas and the USA in there from time to time, but most of it is local MDing stuff.

http://www.mwas.org/forum/index.php

~KANSAS~
Thanks for the link. I am in Topeka

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
Lerafe,
There is a good club in Topeka. They just had a seeded hunt a couple of weeks ago. If you would like, I can get their address for you. Let me know.

Just got a message a few minutes ago that you sign up on our MWAS board. Welcome ! Post anytime you like. There is a good bunch of guys on there and a wealth of knowledge if you have a question. I go by "Roger" on there.

~KANSAS~

OP
OP
L

lerafe

Greenie
Mar 8, 2010
Kansas said:
Lerafe,
There is a good club in Topeka. They just had a seeded hunt a couple of weeks ago. If you would like, I can get their address for you. Let me know.

Just got a message a few minutes ago that you sign up on our MWAS board. Welcome ! Post anytime you like. There is a good bunch of guys on there and a wealth of knowledge if you have a question. I go by "Roger" on there.

~KANSAS~
Thanks, Yes I would be interested in that info.
I have not had much time to check out the other board yet, but it does look more active.
Thanks,
Lerafe

Kansas

Jun 6, 2005
N.E. Kansas
lerafe,

I emailed you a email address for a contact that is with the Topeka club. If you didnt receive it let me know on the MWAS forum.

~KANSAS~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread