Looking for leads

stonecutter1

Apr 25, 2011
Shawnee, KS
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites MXT,Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Several years ago, my M.D. buddy and I worked a wooded area on the east side of Lawrence, Ks. This was back in the late 80's. I spoke with the owner of the property at that time. I cant remember his name at this time. My uncle knows who he is. There was suppose to an old fairgrounds or amusement park that was there from about 1900 till it closed up around 1929. It is all woods now. All we found was an old nameplate. Has any one heard of this old site? Just curious.

Longhunter

Jan 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you are talking about Bismark Grove. Horse races and amusement park. Lots of detectors have been over it including mine, but there are still a few coins showing up occasionally.

OP
OP
S

stonecutter1

Apr 25, 2011
Shawnee, KS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Longhunter, Thanks for your response, I don't get on this site too often. On another post I mentioned the area we found. Bismark Grove is north of the river. Woodland Park was an old amusement park and horse race track that operated from I think 1907-the 1920s. It is east of downtown Lawrence. It is all wooded and quite trashy and difficult to hunt. I have hunted the area some without much success. I am looking for hunting partners if you are interested. SC1

roger b

Feb 16, 2013
I am working in the area always looking for a good hunt

Minelab Etrac , AT pro, Whites DFX

OP
OP
S

stonecutter1

Apr 25, 2011
Shawnee, KS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Roger, Thanks for your reply. I havent been on this site in a long time. I'm still interested in a hunt. Send me a PM if you get this. I'm sorry I took so long to get back to you. I don't get on T-Net alot these days. Thanks SC 1

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went through Woodland Park a few years ago and you're right about wooded and difficult to hunt. There's also a homeless camp by the creek so stayed away from there. It saw a lot of activity in it's day so should be some goodies left.

http://rcdb.com/6030.htm

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

stonecutter1

Apr 25, 2011
Shawnee, KS
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Coyote, Thanks for the reply. I'd like to get back out to Woodland Park and give it another try when the weather is nice. I've got a alot going on these days. I'm not on T- Net alot. I'll try to stay in touch. Thanks for the friend request. SC1

boblemon

May 14, 2015
Kansas city Kansas
Detector(s) used
All Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done a ton of research on Lawrence. Theres about 9 different parks there and a reason theres parks. I'ld love to hit Lawrence with you and i have some very good clues on caches there. I live 28 mile away . Feel free to contact me and i';; give you some clues to very big money . 913-549-8429 Bob i'm avail 24-7 retired ty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread