Lost

Aussie

Nov 2, 2009
Hi there folks,
Great to have found this site, Ive just moved to Ky from Australia so as you can imagine everything I look at is so new and different.
I bought my Sov GT over with me and have been looking at it for the past few months while having my morning coffee and smoke....thinking to myself....now where do I begin.
Seems its a lot different here.......where I am from you could pretty well stop your car anywhere out bush and start swinging....my new wife tells me I can try that here if I dont mind the sound of a shotgun.....thats kinda slowed me down...lol
Guess I will start to get to know some people shortly and then can get permission from someone who knows someone etc.
Looking forward to posting my first interesting find.
Cheers!

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
What part of Kentucky are you in? People down here are leery of strangers but in general people are really nice. Some good spots to start looking are at the county fairgrounds and any schools,I would hunt the schools when the kids arent there or it could turn into one of those shotgun scenarios,also most city parks are fair game unless you are in Louisville I think they banned it there.You can send me a PM and I may be able to help you out a little more,I recently moved down here myself but Im starting to get some good spots...Shoot

Deno

Bronze Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fern Creek Ky
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Aussie, welcome to Kentucky, what brings you here? If you get homesick you
can always visit Kentucky down under. What part of Ky are you in?

kentuckycowboy2

Greenie
Jan 24, 2009
Eastern Ky
Detector(s) used
Discovery 1100 , Ace 250
Howdy Aussie , I have lived in Eastern KY my whole life 46 yrs and still have a problem finding a good place to hunt , more so because I'm new to using the detector and much of the area around here is so trashy . Maybe when I figure it out more it will be more clear to me but I like hunting river banks , sand bars when the water is low and we have so much trash it is just unbelievable . My last trip out we dug a 30 inch hole chasing a low hum before giving up in soft clay no rocks at all the digging is great on the banks . And never got any closer than 8 plus inches . I need to find some advise on this signal to see if I should go back with a long handle shovel or just let it go it was well below the trash and in a area where a CW large shell or ball could of hit in .
John

Aussie said:
Hi there folks,
Great to have found this site, Ive just moved to Ky from Australia so as you can imagine everything I look at is so new and different.
I bought my Sov GT over with me and have been looking at it for the past few months while having my morning coffee and smoke....thinking to myself....now where do I begin.
Seems its a lot different here.......where I am from you could pretty well stop your car anywhere out bush and start swinging....my new wife tells me I can try that here if I dont mind the sound of a shotgun.....thats kinda slowed me down...lol
Guess I will start to get to know some people shortly and then can get permission from someone who knows someone etc.
Looking forward to posting my first interesting find.
Cheers!

Captain Fred

Greenie
Oct 26, 2010
Henderson, KY
Detector(s) used
White's MX Sport, White's MXT, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Garrett Grand Master Hunter, Garrett Ace 250
Hey Aussie, What art of KY are you in? Henderson here!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread