Sunday 11/08/09

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Tim and I have been researching and heading back into the same area that weve been hunting off and on for a few years.

This past Sunday afternoon, we made a brief pit stop on the way to our site, to explore a potential homesite. We thought it had good possibilities after i found a nice cuffsized flat button just into the area. But it was a bust for the most part. Tim found a couple of arrowheads before we left there

We decided to try and get permission to hunt a couple of new spots that we haven't been too before in hopes of finding the main camp. Once again, we spent a large part of the afternoon hunting a field that yielded pull tabs, .22 caliber bullet cartridges and foot deep aluminum cans and horseshoes.

So, not wanting to be skunked we decided to go to an area that we have hunted before, but Tim stopped to try another new spot. :-\ I didn't object, but I really wanted to dig a bullet. We parked and I gingerly crossed a little stream to the area where Tim wanted to hunt. But, rather than hunting the place he really wanted to go, he fires up the detector just away from the truck and got a .69 cal bullet. So, I carefully crossed back and began hunting there too.

After a few aluminum pieces, i found something that looked like a artillery fuse. I dont think it is, but it was a nice hunk of brass. I start finding enough "interesting things" to keep me busy, but pretty soon I was across the stream again looking at a half dime he had found, Nice :headbang: I pull out my "interesting things" and show him a half a US boxplate :laughing7

We both crossed back and start finding a few bullets and buttons, but it got dark and the temperatures began to fall. Hope there are more good finds next time.

Check out the pix.

Attachments

• All Finds 1109.jpg
    All Finds 1109.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 329
  • burt bp.jpg
    burt bp.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 304
  • burt eb.jpg
    burt eb.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 308
  • tims 09 11 08 small.jpg