sinkholes and small caves

Dutchman

Greenie
Feb 13, 2006
Howdy all. New to the forum thing but been hunting a while. Anyone look in the many sinkholes and small caves
in southeast Ky? I know; there are rules and safety to consider. First of all i am doing everything by the letter.
The question I want to get answers to have to do with what is down there?
I know there are some nice crystal growth here but how is it there? and is it worth more than the beauty I see in them?
An old buddy of mine got me looking here in Pulaski co. after showing me a find of his: a pinkish purple crystal about a foot and one half around that looks like a giant rose. he found it in a sinkhole area on his property when prepping it for the coming years cattle.
There are many geodes here but this didn't look like one, unless you took away all the outside and left perfect the interior.
Any suggestions, comments, information is welcome.

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to Tnet,
I have been in alot of small caves mainly looking for relics or Treasure. I am not much in the study of formations and such but do think they are very fascinating. There is a Cave forum on tnet that might bring you info on your questions.

Nova Treasure (Nelson Co, Ky)

-Ki-

Feb 12, 2009
EASTERN KENTUCKY
Detector(s) used
MD & Handwand "CaveHunter"Hiker" SonyDigital SLR
The mineral you found might be a form of Agate... There is a agate that is red and or black that comes from Ky, that is only found here, people pay big bucks for this mineral (rock).....

I have found a hand hug cave (tunnel).... back about 20ft in the tunnel there is a hollow sound? I believe something to be hidden here. Plans are to dig soon, any suggestions of what i might find???

Jan 1, 2008
Howdy... I know one reply said your friends find might be a form of agate and I suppose its possible but it sounds to me like you may have found a large amethyst crystal. If it is you will probably find a lot more of it and it can be very valuable. Good luck and GOD Bless.
Chaplain Jerry Vance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread