kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Pickin's are slim in the Blue Grass

I find a few old coins from time to time. I think the key for me is to spend more time digging the weak or bad hits. A silver coin out of pocket reads much cleaner then one on it's edge 6 inches deep by a rusty spot from iron thats so far gone it's just color in the dirt. I like to hunt with my machine as hot as it will run stable. Leave your discrimimination as open as you can stand it. I would hate to walk over a gold coin looking for a silver one. I see a lot of hunters who like to swing but not dig. I think I find what I do simply because it's a number game. If my machine beeps I dig it. Not only does that teach you what the machine is telling you but you put your hands on more items trash or treasure.

Kermit

Attachments

• threadfin1.gif
    threadfin1.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 578

kydave

Oct 7, 2006
Re: Pickin's are slim in the Blue Grass

All the "public" areas have been hunted hard! Any silver i find is 6inches or deeper. All the easy shallow coins have already gone into another hunters pouch. Private property is where it's at! Good luck on getting permission!

adam_leen

Feb 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’m in the NKY area and just started to hunt. There are many old coins in KY, but it’s getting through the junk to find them. Putting yourself in the best areas. Look for places that had a lot of traffic. These coins are here, it’s finding the spots to hunt. A great spot is old outhouses.....hehe. public taverns, etc. But the coins are here, it’s getting the good permissions to find em. Old atlases and maps are a great way to start. Anyone else from NKY have any luck?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same problem here in the green grass my town was founded in 1826. The state flower is a pop top dig the faint signals coins will come I go out many many times with no post worthy finds but research and a little luck just dont get discouraged I've found lots of gold silver and relics makes it more sweet when you hit pay dirt. Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread