34.1 KB · Views: 425

sixguns

Oct 19, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so out of a BIG field, you managed to find that? you are the man Jamie.... I would be lucky to find the field ;D

sixguns

Oct 19, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahahahaha, Jamie that "junk stuff" looks like what I always find
;D ;D ;D

mxtswinger

Jul 27, 2006
Northeast KY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT's Goldscan 5 PI
Reel nice digs there. Not much CW lead up here, but the junk looks just like Lewis Co. stuff :D.

AnOldPro

Jan 14, 2007
Northern Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266XB & CZ6
Hey Jamie,

I'll give you a nickel for that "piece of junk" that Gypsyheart was wondering if it was a gun barrel. I just might know what it is but I aint tellin' until you sell it to me cheap.... and THEN..... I'll LMAO! ;)

DC

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Junk huh?

Shame on you DC.

I know what it is too. :P

You ought to at least giving him a dime or a piece of rope. LOL

Burt

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Okay, guys... ;D ;D ;D

(Good clue, Wildrider!)

Gypsy, it's a tent rope adjuster.

Picture 1.jpg

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Howard Crouch has a good relic book for referencing finds.

It was the first book I ever bought because I was finding so many weird items I couldn't ID.

Civil War Artifacts A Guide for the Historian

Attachments

• crouch.jpg
    crouch.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 365

kycowgirlnc

Sep 2, 2013
Hey bud,

It's not easy to find some things there because the land has been tilled so many times. I was born and raises right there in Olympia Springs. My family owned the land the springs used to be on, the have long been destroyed by government pipelines and such. There are only a few left. Growing up I remember plowing up arrow heads, cannon ball halves and things like that. There were some items that I never realized what they were I'm sure. The land around the old hotel, if it still stands, I haven't been home in years, there should be a lot of stuff maybe a little closer to where it stands or stood. The hotel was closed down after a disagreement between two gentleman and it resulted in one of the dying. My great grandmother lived to be 103 and told me many of the stories. Keep looking, speak to some of the farmers and families around there. Tell them what you are searching for. They are all very nice very humble people, I'm sure they would be willing to let you look around or show you what they have found over the years. Good luck and happy hunting!

OP
OP

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Hey bud,

It's not easy to find some things there because the land has been tilled so many times. I was born and raises right there in Olympia Springs. My family owned the land the springs used to be on, the have long been destroyed by government pipelines and such. There are only a few left. Growing up I remember plowing up arrow heads, cannon ball halves and things like that. There were some items that I never realized what they were I'm sure. The land around the old hotel, if it still stands, I haven't been home in years, there should be a lot of stuff maybe a little closer to where it stands or stood. The hotel was closed down after a disagreement between two gentleman and it resulted in one of the dying. My great grandmother lived to be 103 and told me many of the stories. Keep looking, speak to some of the farmers and families around there. Tell them what you are searching for. They are all very nice very humble people, I'm sure they would be willing to let you look around or show you what they have found over the years. Good luck and happy hunting!

I have spent many hours hunting around "The Springs". The finds in this post came from a field across the road (RT 36) from the resort. The family that currently owns the property are extremely nice and have allowed me to detect there for many years. The foundation of the big hotel is still there albeit with a barn built over a portion of it. The plumbing tiles are still intact! Believe it or not, the areas either side of the pipeline are great places to search. Alot of those deeper finds were brought to the surface. I've tried to locate the horse track that was on the property but so far it has elluded me. I did find the Civil War skirmish site up from the Springs on the Old State Road. Alot of history there and it's always a thrill to hunt there. Thank you for the shout out. If you're ever in the area, please let me know.

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JAMIE!! when we going out, would love love to bring my wife and daughter down, let us know when and we will make it possible? did i just ask u out in public and im married,, crap, lol.
awesome finds man, very cool to see your ambidextrous with your hunting skills bro

OP
OP

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
JAMIE!! when we going out, would love love to bring my wife and daughter down, let us know when and we will make it possible? did i just ask u out in public and im married,, crap, lol.
awesome finds man, very cool to see your ambidextrous with your hunting skills bro

Now that would be a blast T....watching my boys fight over Pixie....lol. You are more than welcome here anytime! Bring Shane so he can carry the grill up to the shelter..lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread