First Indian

beetleruss

Jul 13, 2013
Cental Kentucky
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After seemingly forever of hunting, I have found my first Indianhead penny. An almost perfect 1898! Needless to say I am very happy. Indian.jpg

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs and thanks for those pictures

OP
OP
beetleruss

beetleruss

Jul 13, 2013
Cental Kentucky
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I was very happy with the condition. The house was built in early 1800's so hopefully it has friends.

idnc68

Feb 26, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
At pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats keep hunting

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on a Super nice Indian Head, with that copper coming out of the ground that sweet hopefully you will find some more in the same condition and even some readible buffalo nickles, which most of the time is hard to find. Good Luck, Bill

OP
OP
beetleruss

beetleruss

Jul 13, 2013
Cental Kentucky
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on a Super nice Indian Head, with that copper coming out of the ground that sweet hopefully you will find some more in the same condition and even some readible buffalo nickles, which most of the time is hard to find. Good Luck, Bill
thanks. I have hunted this same site twice before and have found only paper shotguns shells. The owner has found a silver quarter and a barber dime on the surface of her fields so I know there is more. I'm guessing the switch to the AT Pro helped some.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet IHP there, waiting for fields to open up still here. Will find more IHP and maybe some large cents , 1/2 cent and 2 cents are still on my bucket listing !

If you get a chance you should try a Safari, it seems to be popular with lots of folks for relic type areas and is still deadly on buttons and coin finding. I switched to E-Trac myself love the audio adjustments much more, can barely understand the Safaris talk now sadly tho.

OP
OP
beetleruss

beetleruss

Jul 13, 2013
Cental Kentucky
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet IHP there, waiting for fields to open up still here. Will find more IHP and maybe some large cents , 1/2 cent and 2 cents are still on my bucket listing ! If you get a chance you should try a Safari, it seems to be popular with lots of folks for relic type areas and is still deadly on buttons and coin finding. I switched to E-Trac myself love the audio adjustments much more, can barely understand the Safaris talk now sadly tho.
thanks I will keep that in mind. Good luck hunting.

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find any more old coins at this site ?

OP
OP
beetleruss

beetleruss

Jul 13, 2013
Cental Kentucky
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I have found several what's and a 1917 Buffalo nickel. My buddy found a shield but we are just now getting through the trash

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread