Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out today with Kindafoundabuckle after he got off work, and we got permission to hunt an old farmhouse that we had been eyeballing for a long time. When we first got on the property we started finding a steady trickle of wheat pennies, plus a few indian head cents, a buffalo nickel, and the usual clad. We finished both sides of the front yard and worked our way around the back. My hopes were not high at this point, since I usually seem to find kitchen and farm junk behind old farmhouses like these. Then I heard KFB yell "I got a Barber!" I walked toward him just expecting it to be yet another Barber Quarter. It was only a dime. (Whew. I am gettin tired of him digging up Barber Quarters every other outing!) I'll let him post his finds if he wishes.

So I get back to hunting with a renewed vigor and as I approach this sunken pit in the back that I can only assume was the outhouse I get an overload signal. I figured it could be some farm junk, but I have always dug signals like these since I found my Morgan Dollar and Barber Half in the same hole on such a signal back in 1993. After I cut the plug and flipped it over, I could see two silver coins in the hole, plus a few pennies as well, and one of them looked like a silver half!!! I called KFB over and his eyes got HUGE.
Silver Spill 1.JPG
Silver Spill 4.JPG
Silver Spill 2.JPG
Silver Spill 3.JPG
Every time I turned the loose dirt in the hole over with my knife, more coins came into view:
Silver Spill 5.JPG
Silver Spill 6.JPG
Silver Spill 7.JPG
I kept laying the coins on my green mat as KFB kept repeating over and over "unbelievable" in an excited whisper.
Silver Spill 8.JPG
Silver Spill 9.JPG
After rechecking the whole probably six or seven times, stirring the dirt around again between each wave of the searchcoil, I became convinced that nothing else was there. I looked back at the green mat with the contents of the pocket spill. It consisted of three Wheats, a Buffalo Nickel, three Mercury Dimes, a Washington Quarter, and a Walking Liberty Half!
Silver Spill 10.JPG
Silver Spill 11.JPG
We pounded every inch of the rest of the yard, but there were only a few other coins found, and they were all wheats :(

The silver streak is over, thank God.

Regards,

Buckleboy

bclark

Jun 27, 2007
Daytona Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Whites Bullseye II
Equinox 800/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man great finds. My father in law is from booneville and his mom still lives in the same house he was born in and he is going to take me there to meet his mom and check out the area. I might find some goodies there. Happy Hunting and find another streak of silver or perhaps gold.

Bernie

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Now that's a pocket spill!! I would love to come across one of those.

Canadian Cossack

Dec 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
Great find!

Great pictures of a spill in it's natural habitat! There something nice about making such a find and having a camera and preserving that first moment of discovery... good work!

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Canadian Cossack said:
Great find!

Great pictures of a spill in it's natural habitat! There something nice about making such a find and having a camera and preserving that first moment of discovery... good work!

The thanks go to KFB for the photos. He's the one that always has a digital camera on him, and he used to be a professional photographer...although sometimes you can't tell. I had to get that one in, KFB! Naw, those photos are GREAT, and thanks again!

Buckleboy

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
Brilliant photos, love seeing the silver the way you see it for the first time. HH,
Donny

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
What a memorable find this is, awesome digs, congrats BB!!
Great photos and post buddy, keep em coming, good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Good job guys, looks like the two of you had fun.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that's an awesome set. Love to find a group like that.
HH
Ken

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great finds ! man i hope one day that will happen to me and the pics had me on the edge of my seat ;D man thats sweet congrats you guys ;)

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I would have of took a picture of the look on his face when the silver started to come out of the ground. What a great hunt. Im happy that I was there to share the moment with my hunting partner and best bud it is one I will not soon forget. Thanks for the compliments on the photos I never leave the house without my trusty Nikon. I was a photographer for NASCAR Illustrated a few years ago and photographing him digging up the spill was just as exciting for me as when I would capture a wreck at the track with cars crashing and flipping on there roofs at 200 MPH! Congratulations to Buckleboy your silverless streak is finally over in one hell of a way! You deserve a find like that after all the years of hunting you have under your belt and the thousands of targets you have dug. Enjoy the moment because it will be a hard one to top.

I got a thought that keeps going through my head if I had been 15 to 20 feet to the left of my search pattern it could have been me digging that spill just like the sword belt plate you got on our very first hunt. Skunked again! Im happy for you of course but when will it ever be me who makes more than a average find. ;D

Congratulations and lets go get some more!

Tom

coinhunter53

Jul 13, 2007
Huntington, West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer E-Trac, Shadow X 5, Fisher 1266X.
Man, I know what you felt when you found that old coin spill. That happened to me about two weeks ago for a total of 32 silver coins. Keep it up and go back over that area again. HH...Jesse.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions