bclark

Jun 27, 2007
Daytona Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Whites Bullseye II
Equinox 800/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to the fair grounds and swinging away and found my first ring. I was excited and pulled it out and looked at it and found that it was 18kge. Did not know what it was at the time and I stuck it in my pocket and kept on swinging. A short while later I found an odd item and looked like junk to me so I threw it in my trash bag I carry. Then I found a dollar bill laying in the ground and I pocketed it and found a total of 2.82 in a few hours. Swinging back to my truck I found some car, house, and other various keys. The key ring was corroded and fell apart in my hand and I found along with it a ford 75th anniversary key chain. From what I looked up it is fords 100 year anniverary this year so they keys have been there for quite a while. I went home and sorted the trash out and took another look at the items in my trash bag and cleaned this odd looking item up and found that it was a buffalo nickel sodered or welded to this safety/cotter pin. Wondered why it was like that and the nickel was in the shape of a contact lens and the way it looked it almost resembled a spoon in shape with the cotter pin being the handle. I then looked up what 18kge was and found that it was 18 k gold plated electric something. Well it was exciting digging it up.

Bernie

Attachments

• Buffalo Nickel Item.jpg
    Buffalo Nickel Item.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 287
  • Buffalo Nickel Item 2.jpg
    Buffalo Nickel Item 2.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 286
  • Buffalo Nickel Item.jpg
    Buffalo Nickel Item.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 285
  • Buffalo Nickel Item 2.jpg
    Buffalo Nickel Item 2.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 281
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 288
OP
OP
bclark

bclark

Jun 27, 2007
Daytona Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Whites Bullseye II
Equinox 800/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats the best picture of the ring I can make. Everything else I scan on my scanner.

Bernie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread