New to Treasure Hunting in Kentucky. Images in post.

heavenly_light

Greenie
Aug 24, 2007
Detector(s) used
None at this time. Looking to buy!
Hello Everyone,

I am Anthony Redell of Falmouth, KY. This is in Pendleton county. I am new to treasure hunting but, have found the bug. We (my family and I) started by fossil hunting and collecting things on our family trips. We have fossils (attached), Junk / play coins (attached) and real coins(attached). We just like hunting and finding things (surface finds for now). I replied to a post about starting a club in Lex. But, I do not even own equipment as to date. I would like to find local people who are interested, new, or would like someone to hunt with. I have the normal starting questions, Who, What, Why, How, and What in the world did I find?

We have found items but, they ALL have been surface finds. We are starting to build shelves in our home to hold our items, we call them our memory lanes (Image below) I desire to know what equipment is the best vs. what can I afford. How do we keep, display, protect, or even apraise / sell our items. What is a shifter? etc...

This is really a; HI!, I am... and this is what I am interested in.... type of post. It is getting a little to long. lol...

Anyone interested or would like to be a mentor to me and sometimes my family, Please, let me know. You may email me at [email protected]. I would love to treasure hunt, help, or just get in your way because, I am so new to this. lol...

Lastly, I have some coins I found. I would like to know what they are, worth, and how to protect them in a display. Any knowledge shared here would be great. Also, I am looking to buy equipment, any help would be great.

Thank you all for meeting me. Hope you all have a great hunt soon.

**Edited, Removed Phone Number***

Attachments

• coin-one-and-two-web.jpg
    coin-one-and-two-web.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,332
  • silver-five-cent-coin-web.jpg
    silver-five-cent-coin-web.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,315
  • three-coins-web.jpg
    three-coins-web.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 1,310
  • coinsofthebible-web.jpg
    coinsofthebible-web.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,322
  • fossil-one-web.jpg
    fossil-one-web.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,328
  • memory-lane-group-web.jpg
    memory-lane-group-web.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,303

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Welcome to Tnet. I hope you and your family will find someone who can show you the ropes with detecting, but am sure if you will hang around here enough you will get tons of mentoring through the thousands of members.
I am not sure about posting your phone number ....not a good idea on a public forum....
Hope to see more of your finds soon

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Cliff dfx lives in Falmouth, but works in Lexington. A real nice guy.

Go to the Kentucky Forum page and and click his name from where he posted

then you might try pming (button on left side of screen) him.

He also hunts with sonny60. Both are good guys and they might let you check their machines outas you try to decide what you want to get.

Burt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread