Saturdays Get up and Go

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Saturday's Get up and Go

A couple of Sundays ago, Timmy called me up wanting to go dig. My Sundays are pretty much unavailable for a while, so we decided we would go out for a road trip on a Saturday. 8)

Anyway to make a long story short, he and Steve and I lit out at yesterday at 8:00 am for an 80 minute drive to hunt a place
Timmy and I hunted in the spring. We got there, and stopped to contact the land owners again to make sure we were still in their good graces and began hunting shortly thereafter. ;)

We hit a plowed field to use as a "warm-up" for the second place (pasture land) and spent almost as much time there as we
did in the pasture. The photo is allof the stuff we found in the plowed field with the exception of a very ground eaten eagle button and a button back that I found and an eagl button Steve found. We alldug about the same amount of stuff except Timmy decided he was going to dig all the bucky balls. This was Steves first time to hit a "real good" spot with us and so I worried when he got off to a slow start, but he soon was finding a few things too. :)

The second picture is a shot of all my relics from that plowed field after cleaning.

The third shot is of the "main hunt area" relics.

I got the first initial finds in the main area and then started scouting for other areas that would offer more potential for subsequent hunts. ;D Timmy found about twice as many bullets at this point than I did, but when he finds a spot, he cleans it...I don't. I guess he was in the competitive mode. :-\ Oh yeah, I also got a good coin hit,but it turned out to be a 1965 quarter. I've seen nickles get this color, but was surprised at the orange/rust quarter.

Tim knows that when I have my Nautilus on max power, that if he get near me with his Explorer that it gives feedback that just drives me nuts. So he starts circling me everytime I start to pinpoint my target, just waiting for my reaction. Hmm what are friends for? >:(

Had a real good time. Took forever to hike back to the car and after the 80 minute trip back, when I stood up, my knees hurt sooo bad that I was walking like Frankenstein. :'( Bone soaking bath and bed followed shortly after, thats why these di :-[dn't get posted until today.

Burt

Attachments

• nmkygroup.jpg
    nmkygroup.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 434
  • nmkymystuff.jpg
    nmkymystuff.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 435
  • nmkymystuff02.jpg
    nmkymystuff02.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 431

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Saturday's Get up and Go

Well Done ;D

K

Kentucky Kache

Congrats on the good day of hunting. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one getting old. ;)

mxtswinger

Jul 27, 2006
Northeast KY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT's Goldscan 5 PI

Looks like it was well worth the pain. Congrats on a great outing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread