Been gone for a few years, But Im back and anxious to hunt...

mrtim

Jan 7, 2008
Nancy, KY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Spectra V3i HP, Whites MX Sport, Fisher F2, Bounty Hunter Quicksilver, Nokta/Makro Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been gone for a few years, But I'm back and anxious to hunt...

Well, After 15 years of detecting in Eastern KY I went through a divorce and sold out all my equipment, My collection of finds that I had amassed over those 15 years was stolen from my house (by the drug abusing neighbor) while going through the divorce process and I was not allowed to gather my belongings until property was divided by the court.

Lost was all my coins ( noteably my 1783 Georgivs Triumpho Token, 1865 2 cent piece, all my large cents just to mention a few of my favorite finds) and jewelry, my civil war finds, and all of my metal detecting tools (pinpointer, diging tools, etc..) All I was able to recover was my little treasure chest containing all my wheat pennies I found while detecting.

That was 3 years ago, I remarried recently and never mentioned to my new wife that I loved to metal detect. Last week she mentioned to me that she always wanted to try metal detecting and wanted to know if we could get one...My eyes lit up and I quickly logged onto Treasurenet.com and began the search for a good machine. I received a Minelab Explorer in the mail today and tested it in the driveway, works great and the bug has bitten me hard... ;D

My wife grew up in her parents home on Lingayen Beach in the Philippines, You history buffs should remember mcarthurs famous words " I SHALL RETURN". When he did return, it was there at Lingayen Beach...we are planning to return to her home next spring and will certainly be taking the detector with us.

Now, A question. Are there any of you in Eastern Kentucky? Pikeville, Prestonsburg, Paintsville area? We are interested in finding others to hunt with in the area so feel free to contact me. I had hundreds of posts on here before, but for the life of me I am unable to find any of my old posts or even my old account. I had to start a new account and begin at square one again here.
Just as well, I'm beginning at square one again with my finds...

Attachments

• treasure0001.JPG
    treasure0001.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 402

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Been gone for a few years, But I'm back and anxious to hunt...

WELCOME!!!

I live in KY, but not in your area--although I worked in Prestonsburg for a summer once...

Best wishes to you in 2008, and I look forward to some great finds posts from you.

Regards,

Buckleboy

kindafoundabuckle

Dec 9, 2006
In bed at the moment
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

So sorry to hear about the loss of your finds and equipment. That just flat out sux!!!! I wish we were closer (Im in Louisville). Me and my digging partner Buckleboy would love to hunt with you. If you ever get up this way let us know and we will do the same if we get down that way. Wishing you many great finds in the future and welcome back!

KFB

cavers5

Feb 16, 2005

Hi,

I live near Pikeville. Holler at me on the PM and we'll chat. Nightstalker is now in FL, saw where you posted to him.

Cavers5

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread