Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Covington yo

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, is anyone there. I spent the first fifty-something years of my life treasure hunting, mostly in Louisiana/ now live in Mississippi and I may be able to help someone else. If you want my help, just ask. I am getting tired of looking at this computer screen.

Johnny

P.S. This makes my fifth post.

Last edited:

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know if K. B. Slocum still has the lowest prices on metal detectors? I know the still a very large selection of maps and books for treasure hunters. Also looking for a treasure diver near the New Orleans/Slidell area. I don't do water and I have been sitting on a spot for about twenty years.

Johnny

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Johnny I'm going to the Oaks in Chalmette at 6. I wanted to ask you since you've been there, should I use my large, stock or 5x8" coil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45th_Johnny

Jul 14, 2017
Mississippi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, I looked at a recent areal photo of Chalmette, and boy has it grown. The areal view shows a place you may be able to get to. If you come down Paris Rd, turn right onto Judge Perez then go to Arabi. At the city line, there is a canal on the right side there was a tire place. Behind the tire place was a ball park, with access to the northern most point of Jackson's Line. Also the site of Yankee camps. When I was a kid, some others found a tripod of rusty rifles. I never saw them, but they probably Civil War muskets. Also looking at Latour's Map, Jackson's line did extend way beyond the park. My house was the site of one of two British Gun Emplacement, as best as I can figure, no wonder we found cannon balls, they were one of the first to be taken out.

Good Luck,

Johnny

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Truth, I looked at a recent areal photo of Chalmette, and boy has it grown. The areal view shows a place you may be able to get to. If you come down Paris Rd, turn right onto Judge Perez then go to Arabi. At the city line, there is a canal on the right side there was a tire place. Behind the tire place was a ball park, with access to the northern most point of Jackson's Line. Also the site of Yankee camps. When I was a kid, some others found a tripod of rusty rifles. I never saw them, but they probably Civil War muskets. Also looking at Latour's Map, Jackson's line did extend way beyond the park. My house was the site of one of two British Gun Emplacement, as best as I can figure, no wonder we found cannon balls, they were one of the first to be taken out.

Good Luck,

Johnny

Johnny this couldn't of happen at a better time. I've been getting discouraged and losing that drive. I was just telling my wife I need a new spot to give me that rush I've been chasing and I was telling her when I got on TNET and now you tell me this. Hell I'll go out the tomorrow! I'm gonna get on google earth to see where your talking about and I'll get back with you later if I have any questions. Once again thank you for being so thoughtful and helping out a fellow die hard detectorist who's well is running dry but a stranger at that. Thanks buddy

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chalmette Battlefield: Battle Of New Orleans -- Sightseeing with Google Satellite Maps
Hear is the sight for the areal view.

When you are driving down Judge Perez if you get to Perrine Drive, you went to far. Turn right on Perrine and take the next right and after you cross take a right.

Rain again tomorrow uggggh. This is getting ridiculous and of course when I want to take a large look at what you sent my laptop isn't turning on for some reason.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread